• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HELP! Assessment Week :| (1 Viewer)

candyw

HSC
http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=i&r...JW37ANwoTggrhNsTOirY8cTg&ust=1362802717913434

We have an assessment coming up, part of which is assessing Belonging so does anyone have any feedback on my notes for this image or any other ideas I haven't thought of? It would be muchly appreciated!
- skype is known for technological communications = bringing people together and forging connections and relationships thus creating a sense of belonging
- the use of statistics depersonalise the connections. However, it could be interpreted that it conveys the wide-spread level of belonging that is capable through skype OR detract from the identity/sense of belonging that is found by individuals/groups
- (kind of extends on from the previous one): it is representative of the ways in which society now can experience belonging. For some, keeping in contact via technology detracts from the personalised/individual connections that can form a sense of belonging (such as letters, 'meeting up'). OR, representative of the opportunities for belonging that individuals can experience
- the image of the open hand in the middle third of the advertisement is symbolic of a welcoming gesture/conveys a friendly and welcoming relationship further enforcing the sense of belonging that can be found
the juxtaposition of the sun and the moon in opposing thirds of the image represents the capability of technology to keep individuals/groups connected to each other at all times and allow more time for belonging

Thankyou !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)