• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HELP! Doing AS/A levels and going to Uni without having done GCSE's??? (1 Viewer)

ram14

HSC
My little borther and parents have moved to Bahrain, my brother has been enrolled into a British School doing the AS and A levels. However the problem he is facing is that after having done his school certificate here in Sydney is whether or not he should repeat year 10 and do the IGCSE's (O levels) in the school or go striaght into Year 11 and do AS and then A levels the nex year. He will be coming back to Sydney to go to Uni however if he DOESNT do the IGCSE (O levels) and does his AS and A levels will he still be able to apply and get into Uni based purely on AS and A level results without his IGCSE's (O levels)?

kennychan222

HSC
I don't really know whether Uni. will accept GCSE level..Normally, they don't really assess O-levels too much. Just for AS and A-levels....You may need to contact uni. where you want to study.

For Diploma and foundation studies, they view O-levels mainly (Also they welcome A-levels)...Even if they view O-levels for Undergraduate, they don't care too much...and focus on A-levels more and more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)