• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help: dress for a wedding (1 Viewer)

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
Hey,

I got invited to a wedding... BUT, it's a wog wedding. Worse, it's a relative's wog wedding. "So what?" you might ask. Well, wog weddings are normally OTT, and since it's a relative's wedding, in my point of view it is even more OTT than any normal non-relative wog wedding. They'll send a tape of the wedding overseas for all other relatives to see (and judge (e.g. they'll want to judge my parents' children)). It means I have to look "ridiculously hot", but not skank hot. I'll be going to the church, then to the reception.

I have basically no idea on the kind of dress I want, so I need your help in gathering pictures and ideas for me. I'm around 183cm tall, BMI = 21.5 (if you care). I don't want to go for a full length dress.

I also need to figure out if I should wear heels or not. I've seen beautiful heels (and they'd make me >190cm), but I don't want to look like a giant, especially if I see some hot guy and he ends up being shorter than me when I wear high heels, because it'd feel wrong.

So, um, help?

Thanks

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
Here's an idea of the style I might go for, but I'm not sure about the material pattern. Maybe something floral would be better. Heck, I don't know.

I forgot to mention, I don't want to spend a lot of money (maximum $200). I don't even want to go to the reception, but my parents are making me go. I also want something that I can wear again to normal parties (like 21sts... there'll be heaps of those next year) or just going out at night, maybe something I'd be able to dress down (or up) if i need to.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
that's a really pretty dress (minus the waist belt).

well i go to "woggy" weddings and functions all the time. recently i bought myself 3 dresses that I can wear depending on the exact nature of each event. I found these dresses in Mirage and Sheike and they were all under $120! I also suggest going to Myer. Of course you could go searching the boutiques, but it depends how much time you have.

check to see where ur closest mirage and sheike are. i LOVE their dresses!

oh and about the height thing...go for cute flat shoes. Either peep toes depending on the dress or Grecian tie ups! you'll get comfort with those! lol and they wont make u look like a giant!

Meistro

HSC
N/A
My Thoughts:
Youre tall anyway, if heels make the outfit then 5cm extra isnt a reason not to buy them.
And i definately would not wear that dress to a wog wedding unless if you want the overseas grannies going "look look at that australian girl, what? they dress in cheese cloth now?" Its an awsome dress but i recon weddings definately go for something slightly more formal. Lately ive developed a fetish for studibaker dresses, and theyre really reasonably priced. I recon this ones awsome and looks great on tall chicks, its kindof dressy, and you could definately wear it again! Its actually a bustier and skirt, but its so hot!http://www.studibaker.com.au/pages/s2006/38.htm

*hopeful*

HSC
suite62 has really nice dresses, like u can wear them to weddings and parties later on

agreed dont wear too much of floral pattern, with that gypsy material cause the older wogs will for sure be like"what is that, a leftover curtain/tablecloth/ect"

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
Hermz...since you're not the floor-length type this time, it's kind of hard - 'cos I go for them everytime lol.

Lemme think...I saw a black dress once, I like the style. It was just a simple knee length one, but it had a 'sash' overlay, so it gave it a dream like quality. It also had a flower, not too big, on the left side of the chest. It was so damn hot cos it also had tiny beads on the sash overlay.

I dunno, that's the most formal 'short' dress that I've actually liked. Otherwise I'd go for something assymetrical, but that's not really formal then...

All the best! Have fun there!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
I don't like studibaker, to me it looks generic and bland.

The dress you posted looked nice, and some flat ballet-style flats or sandals in gold or bronze would look nice, if you don't want heels (I personally think tall girls look AMAZING in heels but that's just me.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)