• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HELP!!! "Freedom Writers" - Advanced English (1 Viewer)

curious george

HSC
Help! We are doing the film "Freedom Writers" in Advanced English. It is a great movie about belonging, but I am having trouble pulling it apart and identifying the signifant shots and scenes. I can't even find a website about the film techniques used. If anyone can help me it would be great. :) Curious George

rommas

HSC
hey.. we are doing freedom writers too.I agree im doing an assesment task at the moment on it and finding it terribly hard to pick certain scenes and techniques. i have a few important parts have no idea how good they will be or if they will help but!!
-at the beggining of the film just after the montage of the rodney king riots the latina girl eva is ailenated from the dream of being an american princess, there is juxtaposition of the barbie and the aztec doll to show differences in ratial groups etc.
-juxtaposion of riots and innocent girl with a toy

"the war" marks evas loss of innocense gets beaten to initiate into group,this shows belonging to a group.

quote "that white boys hopin' he's in the wrong room" ailenation

thats just a few small things ive got jotted down hope it helped a bit . . . . . .

clarissat123

HSC
hey guys, do you still have any notes on freedom writers by any chance?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)