• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Help how du u get inna investment bankz? (1 Viewer)

iamthebest009

HSC
Yo peeps! ima new to da bos and ima in mei 3rd yrz at Macquarie Univerzidy (da best unis in Australia) an thinks of gettin ina investment bankz next yr wen i fisnish uniz!!!! any1 got some tipz on how da get into daz investment bankz? i got a A avg at my fine uniz macquarie at da momentz. n.e. tipz wud be much thanks.

Last edited:

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
You would be a fine employee for any major international investment bank. Just quote your username and I have full faith that you would be a shoe-in my friend. Good Luck.

:rofl:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
If there's one thing the internet has taught me... never assume anything is a joke.

But man, this is a tough call.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Tell them how much you espouse their values (careful.. they might call them 'signals') of integrity, respect and teamwork... and let them know how much you want to participate in that community service program of theirs...

My brother got a grad job at a major NYC Investment Bank writing that on his resume.

iamthebest009

HSC
yo yo sup - do ima alwayz gonna clubz and doin all da fun socials wit mei frenz so me thinks dat i shuda hav no probs with the social aspecks of da requiremenz for da investment jobz. coolz. i shudda get online to da website first inna applies. Do yaz hav n.e. tipz on witch bankz are da goods? imma thinks UBS and westpac but n.e. others wud be good suggest wud be cool dat.

Mr Will

HSC
iamthebest009 said:
Yo peeps! ima new to da bos and ima in mei 3rd yrz at Macquarie Univerzidy (da best unis in Australia) an thinks of gettin ina investment bankz next yr wen i fisnish uniz!!!! any1 got some tipz on how da get into daz investment bankz? i got a A avg at my fine uniz macquarie at da momentz. n.e. tipz wud be much thanks.

well cuz u need 2 start bi bein a l33t haxxor, go buy yoself a fullsik lancer, get an evo bodykit, some fullysicksubwoofas, neons, chromies etc, den rock up at da bank and talk 2 yo homies.

fukn tool

L

LaraB

iamthebest009 said:
yo yo sup - do ima alwayz gonna clubz and doin all da fun socials wit mei frenz so me thinks dat i shuda hav no probs with the social aspecks of da requiremenz for da investment jobz. coolz. i shudda get online to da website first inna applies. Do yaz hav n.e. tipz on witch bankz are da goods? imma thinks UBS and westpac but n.e. others wud be good suggest wud be cool dat.
Don't expect anyone to consider employing you if your manner of 'speech' on here is an accurate representation of your personality.

They expect maturity, accountability, responsibility, experience, and academic results. "Social" life doesn't equate to social aspects of the R&S process... Most places myself and friends have been for interviews at, by 'social' they mean if you're involved in uni student associations or charity work or community groups, they dont' care if you go clubbing.

If you want info on what banks will be good, you can pretty much decide that yourself from having a look on the websites... Some, just by reading about their graduate programs or their internships etc you can tell that it won't be as beneficial to you as others.

After you've done some research yourself you should ask questions of others who work tehre etc but unless you've researched them yourself what otehrs say is pretty much useless because you have no way of knowing if what they think is accurate or a reasonable belief in the copmany or not.

CrashOveride

HSC
Omnidragon said:
My brother got a grad job at a major NYC Investment Bank writing that on his resume.
Did he do the same degree as you?

He must have had some decent exposure here to get considered in NY. That or contacts.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm beginning to think that some people have EQ problems.

O yea... and just on the issue of contacts... they sure help a lot. I know a guy with a 76 average in his commerce component and got a grad job b/c his dad was a director.

Last edited:

pikachufkr

HSC
N/A
LaraB said:
Don't expect anyone to consider employing you if your manner of 'speech' on here is an accurate representation of your personality.

They expect maturity, accountability, responsibility, experience, and academic results. "Social" life doesn't equate to social aspects of the R&S process... Most places myself and friends have been for interviews at, by 'social' they mean if you're involved in uni student associations or charity work or community groups, they dont' care if you go clubbing.

If you want info on what banks will be good, you can pretty much decide that yourself from having a look on the websites... Some, just by reading about their graduate programs or their internships etc you can tell that it won't be as beneficial to you as others.

After you've done some research yourself you should ask questions of others who work tehre etc but unless you've researched them yourself what otehrs say is pretty much useless because you have no way of knowing if what they think is accurate or a reasonable belief in the copmany or not.
haha trolled.

santaslayer

HSC
LaraB said:

Are you serious? :p

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Mr Will said:
well cuz u need 2 start bi bein a l33t haxxor, go buy yoself a fullsik lancer, get an evo bodykit, some fullysicksubwoofas, neons, chromies etc, den rock up at da bank and talk 2 yo homies.

fukn tool
ROFL I was actually considering doing that and rocking up to a client... but after a bit of thinking, I've reconsidered that and decided it's probably best not to give off that image. :)

LaraB said:
True or not- it gives you something to talk about in the interview... should this guy ever make it to that stage.

pete_mate

HSC
Omnidragon said:
I'm beginning to think that some people have EQ problems.

O yea... and just on the issue of contacts... they sure help a lot. I know a guy with a 76 average in his commerce component and got a grad job b/c his dad was a director.

76, isn't that a distinction average?

not sure tho, enlighten:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)