Help i cant summerise ANYTHING!!!! (1 Viewer)

PiNk ElEpHaNtS

Hey guys, does anyone have any tips for summerising your notes? i am totally hopeless and have no idea how to do it, coz i babble...like i am now! Please help me ive already spent a week and a half on king lear alone and have virtually nothing to show for it!!!!!!!! p.s if you HAVE some summerised notes you would like to donate to me i would love it! my topics are bnw/br, king lear, skrzynecki and telling the truth. if anyone need any info on these let me know and ill see if i can help you out.
THANK YOU!!!!!!

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
The main method I use when summarising plays is to for every scence write down the 2 main aspects of that scene. This then helps you remember the impact of that scence as it triggers in your mind what happened. After you do every scence you can usually see a connection between each one and from this it gives you the basic outline for an effective essay. Try to be brief (even though it is a hard task) as you simply dont want to crowd your brain with to much information. Its impossible to remember everything.
Also I sometimes type out an outline of the play and talk about the themes exhibited. By doing this you will remember the main points about the play. Always remember to give examples.
Hope that helps you out.

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
ok well for english specifically i dont neccessarily summarise i just make essay plans- eg. for lear i picked my two productions richar eyre/familial and Kosinstev's/communist plus a bak up one the bondi theatre production, then i pick out 3 main scenes and the quotes that are most effective for each reading. Also, for Lear there are heaps of act summaries on the net and the study excel study guide will also help.

for paper 1 though u probably will have to summarise for your change essay, pick out your texts summarise their content and main techniques that convey the paticular change exhibited

hmm wat else... depends on ur modules, what else r ya doing pink elephants?

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
make a chart of context, techniques, qiutes etc, and do the same for related material. Then stick it on your wall.

HSC
N/A
english doesn't necessarily require summerised notes like other subjects...trust me I've summerised notes before and it was just a waste of time cause I've never refered back to them!!

like chand said, its a good idea to make a table to organise our thoughts. Essay plans are also good cause then you'll know what bits of info you need from your notes

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lear will probably take you the longest to do, because of the productions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)