• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HELP!! I need to repeat my HSC (1 Viewer)

Rohanco

HSC
Okay for my marks and attendance have been quite poor through out my preliminary and HSC years due to a number of personal reasons.

My ranks are terrible and at this rate it would be stupid for me to expect an atar any higher than 55!!

So I've been looking into different ways of repeating my HSC. I know all bout the options at TAFE, however the thing I don't like about the HSC studies coarse at TAFE is that it combines both the PRELIMINARY and HSC years unto one. That sounds a little too full on to me, I know you may be thinking that I'm crazy for wanting to spend another two years of my life on this, but I know that the prelim courses really provide the foundation of knowledge you need to do the HSC course.

SO I was hoping anyone knew of an opportunity out there that offers students to do year11 and year12 over the two years like you would do at high school.

Any help would be much appreciated

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I wouldn't repeat. if you feel you need to repeat as you want to go to university, then just apply to universities and get into an arts degree or something with a low ATAR. After you do a year of the degree if you have a good WAM/GPA (i.e. they do not look at your HSC results are one year of university) you can transfer into other courses (that did require a higher atar).

Mdzabakly

HSC
Okay for my marks and attendance have been quite poor through out my preliminary and HSC years due to a number of personal reasons.

My ranks are terrible and at this rate it would be stupid for me to expect an atar any higher than 55!!

So I've been looking into different ways of repeating my HSC. I know all bout the options at TAFE, however the thing I don't like about the HSC studies coarse at TAFE is that it combines both the PRELIMINARY and HSC years unto one. That sounds a little too full on to me, I know you may be thinking that I'm crazy for wanting to spend another two years of my life on this, but I know that the prelim courses really provide the foundation of knowledge you need to do the HSC course.

SO I was hoping anyone knew of an opportunity out there that offers students to do year11 and year12 over the two years like you would do at high school.

Any help would be much appreciated
you dont have 2 do the prelim.
there is a 9 month intensive course for just the hsc.
as solo said, even if u get a low atar there are mannyyy corses u can do with low atar req, then u can transfer ( i think this way is shorter).

RG11

HSC
just apply to universities and get into an arts degree or something with a low ATAR. After you do a year of the degree if you have a good WAM/GPA (i.e. they do not look at your HSC results are one year of university) you can transfer into other courses (that did require a higher atar).
WOW! all i thought you could do if you fk up the HSC is do it again, but thats really good! this probably doesnt apply to med? does it? (hopefully does :D)

Rohanco

HSC
Yeah it does, I've hear of people who have gotten stars of 95, and decided to repeat at tafe and then get 98 or 99 who then go off to do med

Rawf

HSC
I don't know much about these systems... but if I were you I'd definitely not waste a whole year of my life repeating. There are other options to get into universities like TAFE, transferring, [bridging courses? idk lol]. I'm no expert but I just reckon it'd be a waste of time and you'll feel the pressure build up big time.
There was a thing my teacher at school told me that's making my whole HSC life feel a lot easier, that your "ATAR" is not something that defines you as a person.. it's just a number.
Furthermore, if you've had many personal reasons affecting your performance, why not sign up for EAS? I know it doesn't add anything substantial to your entrance into a uni course but it'll still help.
Also look into bonus points, some universities are extremely generous with their bonus points.. like UWS gives 5 points just for living in the 'Western Sydney Region' and I've found the UNSW bonus points to be quite easily accessible too EG: band 4 english = 1 bonus point.

jason2kool

HSC
Attain a 40 atar
go to uws
transfer after a year
problem solved br8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)