• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help! I'm Suicidal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonjovistooge

HSC
i have had depression for more than 4 years i have seen heaps of cousilors and am on medication but nothing seems to help...i cant help but cut myself and i really want to end my life. I am in year 12 and under so much pressure i dont know if i can handle this anymore

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
It's yr 12 and not the end of the world you'll get through it hmm, please speak to your loved ones about this, your school principal and those closest at school. There are people who care about you and love you dearly so please don't do anything rash.

Please contact the Kids Help Line 1800 55 1800 or Lifeline 13 11 14 if you really need to discuss or talk to someone now. Or please contact any moderator or myself if you want to discuss anything now.

Last edited:

charlesdinio

HSC
HSC is NOT the be all and end all, there are SOOOO many ways around it.. seriously dont think like that.
I have a relative running a successful law firm who got a UAI of 72. Dont even worry about HSC!
Set reasonable goals, its really no big deal.
life is precious, speak to ur family and dont be afraid to tell them what uve posted here, they'll b there for you:)

Indie-DiscoZ

HSC
ummmmm you can help yourself from cutting. throw yourself into something else, like your studies, or art. I have depression and haven't had time to think about cutting or dying cause i have been focusing on other stuff. Talk to people. They shouldn't judge what you say. It isn't easy to go through but the reachout site helps and there is always your school counsellor or whatever. Talk to your mum or your boyfriend. But in the end, no one can really help other than yourself, its a matter of wanting to get better really so yeah

novembre

HSC
N/A
Just cuz they tell "everyone" they are suicidal doesn't mean they aren't. People withh personality disorders often get blamed "you brought it to yourself. you asked for it." and that they just want attention. So the illness doesn't get better. Not saying that the starter of the thread is for sure, not a troll.
Just making a point that there ARE people who strongly believe that those who self-harm or claim to be suicidal are just attention whores who would have died by now if they really want to kill themselves. It doesn't help those who are suicidal at all.

Last edited:

boris

Banned
HSC
novembre said:
Just cuz they tell "everyone" they are suicidal doesn't mean they aren't. People withh personality disorders often get blamed "you brought it to yourself. you asked for it." and that they just want attention. So the illness doesn't get better. Not saying that the starter of the thread is for sure, not a troll.
Just making a point that there ARE people who strongly believe that those who self-harm or claim to be suicidal are just attention whores who would have died by now if they really want to kill themselves. It doesn't help those who are suicidal at all.
Thats because they generally are attention seekers.

Also clinically proven is that people who cut their wrists when they attempt suicide don't really want to die, but because it takes a relatively long amount of time to bleed out from the wrists they know the chances of them being found in time before they die are high.

Again, I don't buy that people who are truly suicidal will go out and tell everybody and expect tea and sympathy. They may be in pain and they may be depressed, but gaining attention by threatening suicide pisses me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)