Help In Understanding a particular past of an ass. task (2 Viewers)

onesikgypo

HSC
currently doing an assessment task which looks at metal structure, ionic bonding and covalent bonding, just one of the parts says "Explain one significant way in which this investigation/dot point fits in the historical view of chemisty"

i dont really get it

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Welcome to BoS onesikgypo :)

I don't really know, this questions seems to be pretty broad :confused: But if I were you, I'd probably talk about things like, people have always been seeing everything as interchangeable - maybe alchemy (I know it's not exactly science but hey, people learnt about ways to handle things eg.heating using cauldrons which helped lots in the science of chemistry :p) has something to do with this? - And according to the particle theory, elements which form compounds can separate and form other compounds with other elements, as long as a bonding that satisfies the valency rules can be established. Did that all make sense? Basically I was trying to say that the structure and bonding of elements are the underlying reasons for chemical reactions, which result in the formation of substances with vastly different properties to the elements which make up these substances. :p

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Welcome new fellow Boser! :D

I don't get your question either, what exactly is the dot point that the question is referring to? By the way Airie, your suggestion of alchemy is very interesting! :uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)