Help Julio Claudians (1 Viewer)

JekkA-LeA-85358

HSC
help...i have an assignment on How did the Julio-Claudian emperors contribute to the development and organization of the Empire?

ok...so i i kinda really desperatly need help !!

thanx

jennieTalia

HSC
What textbook are you using? Checking out some of the other ones that different students use is defo a way to start.

myonlyhope90

HSC
Uni Grad
3 Ancient Sources for this unit are:

Tacitus, Annals
Dio Cassius, Roman History
Suetonius, Lives of the Twelve Caesars

Try to balance it Modern Historians as well

jennieTalia

HSC
Julio-Claudians development and organisation of the empire:

For this, you have to know what it was like before hand (during the principate of Augustus) and what it ended up as (By the time of Nero's death).

Look specifically at: The frontiers, Rhineland etc. How did each of them set about either MAINTAINING the policies set about by Augustus, or going directly against them and expanding where he suggested otherwise.
Organisation- Senate's responsibilities would have to fall under here. Look at how the Senate decreased in power, and the Praetorian Guard increased. The balance of power is part of the organisation of the Empire, as it is part of the power-structure, with Princeps at the top. Under Augustus he, although acting as a leader, tried to show that he was "equal" to the Senate... but this altered by the time Nero was ruling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)