help me find relationship between these two (1 Viewer)

kooltrainer

HSC
the red tree hm..
hello pplz. im doing the tempest and my related text, where the wild things are (teacher recemmended it to me)..
It is a picture book talking about this kid dressed up as a rabbit or sum sort. his mum for sum reason (mayb coz hes being bad) locks him in his room not giving his dinner . He undergoes this imaginative journey where his room turned into a forest and he got in a sailing boat and travelled to an island filled with "angry monsters" . the monsters didnt scare him and they became friends. he got tired and went back home seeing his supper on his table..

so!.. how is this related to tempest?.tempest is about a magician prospero(who was a duke) seeking revenge on the king etc because they usurped him. He got kidnapped and got onto an island where he lure the king and played tricks on them. in the end, he realises that hes doing the wrong thing and tells the king to forgive him ( i think) and they go back home.
anways, for those whos doing these 2 text, would u plz tell me sum analysis thanks..

for those who isnt, would u recemmend other related text and how it would be suitable?

The red tree, hmm, is it good?

thx thx thx :)

Last edited:

dibdib69

HSC
hey
Im not sure if this is good but as it just popped into my head i thought it my be a lil' bit of a help..wat about ' Pirates of the Carribean' you can relate it, as Orlando meets so called 'monsters' too throughout his adventrous journey and also you can relate the magician in the tempest to Jack Sparrow as he also tricked everone into believeing his lies.

I dont know if it helped...but I dont know anything about your related material, ' the red tree'.
anywayz goodluck

kooltrainer

HSC
hm my teacher recemmended that we don't use those popular.... fantasy? films u c.. so yeh..

ahh too hard to find connection =/

sainty23

HSC
obvious...

Prospero is the reigning power when in his domain (that of his island), however, this power is only by virtue of his magic, i.e. the imagintive aspect of his story....the same applies to the kid in the movie here; by using his imagination, he empowers himself (and also free's himself)...the connection cannot be any dam clearer than that buddy

perhpas you should actually KNOW what happens in the book btw... writing, 'i think' hardly reels in the marks when the HSC comes around does it?

kooltrainer

HSC
how would that be related to imaginative journeys? wot is the thesis here?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)