help me...i need a question for my project!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

_kavisha_

HSC
hey guys...

i have a major prob...i dont have a question for my ip...
and its due in a couple of months!!!!!!
i'm doing the da vinci code but i need a specific question.

please help.

thanks

robo-andie

HSC
Could you use

"How does the da vinci code accurately represent historical opinions of religion?"

I don't know that much about the History Extension course or its requirements. I thought this could be an option though.

veridis

droog
HSC
advice 1 - dont do da vinci code
advice 2 - talk to your teacher

side point does DVC actualy talk about historical opinions of religion? it talk about "theories" of historical religion but not historical opinions

X

xeuyrawp

On the weekend, I'm going to be releasing a bunch of threads on common problems - Essay topics will be one of them.

That being said, I wouldn't go near the da Vinci Code.

Historicity of the Christ, the case study, causes enough problems as it is...

That being said, if you're adamant about doing the story, you could look at the film... History as film is a huge source of good major works. You could look at things like how the film has transformed the myth of the book, or something.

naivedoll

sniff my armpits
HSC
*nods
You don't want to set yourself up for something too challenging that will discourage you in the long run.
If the Opus Dei is something that interests you, a debate that you can approach is whether it is revolutionary or conservative. Just a suggestion.
*smiles
Good luck Kavisha.

p.s. robo-andie. Gale Harold is a god.

lowek

HSC
maybe you don't have to look at it explicitly maybe something along the lines of history as popular culture using it as an example. I'm sure there are issues you could explore in that.

steph06

HSC
hey,
im having trouble thinking up a question as well im doing the vietnam war but i need a question

X

xeuyrawp

steph06 said:
hey,
im having trouble thinking up a question as well im doing the vietnam war but i need a question
Ok, you have your area.

Do some reading in it, and you'll think of a question... Seriously, by just reading what some people have to say about the Vietnam War, you'll notice something that would make a good topic.

lowek

HSC
ohh I'm doing the vietnam war in modern if anything pops out at me I'll keep you posted on some questions related to it [:

*emi*

HSC
anyone have any idea how the industrial revolution could be fitted to an essay question..
for my prelim modern history investigation i did something along the lines of "why did Europe industrialise before Asia, with specific case study of British and China" and i thought sticking to the same topic would be good..
but REALLY not sure if it would be suitable at all for history ext...

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
I think you can do the something in relation to the da vinci code...but only use it as a starting point. For my initial project I was going to take a claim from it and investigate it. Namely, the supposed conversion of Constantine the great as the first Holy Roman emperor. I might still have my proposal for it around the place. I essentialyl had everything worked out (historians etc)

georgie.girl

HSC
i was thinking of doing the da vinci code to something like how does fiction affect our understanding of history but my teacher talked me out of it. A girl at my school tried to do it last year and found it impossible coz you just cant get access to information because secret societies are, well secretive. Maybe choose a movie instead? Or if its the religion side of it that interests you why not try mary magdelene or something, that might be just as hard, i dont know, just an idea,
good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)