• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Help me out please! (1 Viewer)

danieel

HSC
Hey guys,

I'm currently attending Carlingford High School, and I am having some trouble and needing help with my studies. My current subjects are:

-Mathematics
-Extension 1 Maths
-Advanced English
-Physics
-Chemistry
-Economics

I have a total of 11 units, and I am aiming for a double degree in UTS - Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Science in Information Technology which requires an ATAR of 88.05, with me possibly being able to gain 5 extra marks.

However, at school I am having trouble in Physics, Chemistry and a bit of troubles in Economics.

Physics being my weakest subject, I barely have any idea what I'm doing in this topic, what should I do? HSC is just around the corner, trials are coming up, what should I be doing now to catch up? I need a good method to catch up! Please help!

Chemistry I'm not doing the best in, but trying, it's not ALL hard, but I'm slowly trying to catch up as well, how should I approach this and continue it to help me gain my ATAR needed?

Economics, I'm doing okay in, not the best, but 12th in my school, but I really need to keep up with things, how should I also be approaching this?

Both my maths, and english I can work on, so they're not much troubles. But I really need help, and wondering how and what I can do to achieve the ATAR that I need!

Please help!

Much thanks, Daniel.

Rawf

HSC
Have you ever considered getting a tutor? This should help you gain a better understanding of the content. Even if the subject is easy, for example chemistry, I have a tutor for it. My teacher goes a tiny bit faster than my tutor but my tutor clears up all my doubts and repeats everything to help me remember more. If money is an issue, just find a physics tutor for the time being to help you understand and catch up with everything.
With economics, I'm not the best at this either.. but I find it an EXTREMELY large content subject, so I usually write my notes as I go along, rather than having to write up all my notes when the tests are approaching. That way you can look over your notes and attempt past papers and have more practise on answering questions for your test. I find that doing past papers is more helpful than just writing up notes because there are usually trends in the papers to help you answer your paper with more confidence.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys,

I'm currently attending Carlingford High School, and I am having some trouble and needing help with my studies. My current subjects are:

-Mathematics
-Extension 1 Maths
-Advanced English
-Physics
-Chemistry
-Economics

I have a total of 11 units, and I am aiming for a double degree in UTS - Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Science in Information Technology which requires an ATAR of 88.05, with me possibly being able to gain 5 extra marks.

However, at school I am having trouble in Physics, Chemistry and a bit of troubles in Economics.

Physics being my weakest subject, I barely have any idea what I'm doing in this topic, what should I do? HSC is just around the corner, trials are coming up, what should I be doing now to catch up? I need a good method to catch up! Please help!

Chemistry I'm not doing the best in, but trying, it's not ALL hard, but I'm slowly trying to catch up as well, how should I approach this and continue it to help me gain my ATAR needed?

Economics, I'm doing okay in, not the best, but 12th in my school, but I really need to keep up with things, how should I also be approaching this?

Both my maths, and english I can work on, so they're not much troubles. But I really need help, and wondering how and what I can do to achieve the ATAR that I need!

Please help!

Much thanks, Daniel.
Unfortunately your question is *very* broad and requires a lot of individual diagnosis. With the information I have available, please try and complete as many past papers as possible and use the marking criteria to judge how you're able to answer those questions. Are you understanding all the content? What are your ranks like?

Good luck =]

Levity

HSC
88 shouldn't be too hard. Get a tutor or go to a tutoring college like Talent 100 to get help for subjects your struggling in.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Also feel free to hit up some of the sub-forums for your subjects here on BoS if you have any specific content-related questions.

enoilgam

HSC
Unfortunately your question is *very* broad and requires a lot of individual diagnosis. With the information I have available, please try and complete as many past papers as possible and use the marking criteria to judge how you're able to answer those questions. Are you understanding all the content? What are your ranks like?

Good luck =]
Agreed. Short answer is put in more effort - although you are probably looking for something more specific. Try doing what Ozko said and hit up the subject subforums for some advice on your specific difficulties in each subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)