• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HELP ME PLEASEšŸ˜­ (1 Viewer)

SMARTYPANTS_SINGH

NESA WHY?
HSC
My prelim timetables came out, and they are exactly in a month. I have so much content to go over and I have decided that I'm not going to sweat it in English as I have done decently in the past two terms and my mark won't be affected even if I do badly. My main focus Is math and chem, as I need to get into ext 2, and just do well in chem for my own sake. How would you suggest I find out what areas I'm lacking in and how should I study for them?

howcanibesmarter

HSC
lol no need to be stressed, during prelims I was chilling and I go to a pretty competitive school. my atar aim was similar to you at the start at yr11, and what i can say is that prelims only matter if your trying to make the cutoff for ext2, like what I was doing. yr11 maths also come up in the hsc/yr12 exams about 100% of the time, so you should primarily focus on that.

cant be sure for chem and ancient since i dont do it, but for your other subjects like english and eco (i did eco in yr11 but then dropped cus i was so bad) certainly doesn't play a huge part in yr12. in fact, english you learn different modules that focuses on different things as opposed to yr11.

I would say if your close to the cutoff for ext2, and you're willing to do it by the sounds of it, then i would say sacrifice a little bit of time from other subjects (tho dont neglect it) to study on maths.

also 1 month is a lot of time lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)