• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HELP ME plz, (biology blueprint of life) (1 Viewer)

EMMY17

HSC
hey, I'm trying to complete this dot point " Gather and process from secondary sources to describe and use available evidence to analyse, using named examples, how advances in technology have changed scientific thinking about evolutionary relationships between different species." and i can't seem to find related info.:confused: does anyone have any ideas on websites i could go to?

Last edited:

rhia

salty
HSC
EMMY17 said:
hey, I'm trying to complete this dot point " Gather and process from secondary sources to describe and use available evidence to analyse, using named examples, how advances in technology have changed scientific thinking about evolutionary relationships between different species." and i can't seem to find related info.:confused: does anyone have any ideas on websites i could go to?
i think this has to do with dna sequencing, which in the syllabus falls under 'biochemistry' in the dot point describe, using specific examples, how the theory of evolution is supported by the following areas of study.

before dna sequencing was possible, it was previously thought that humans were more closely related to gorillas than to chimpanzees, based on anatomical, etc, features. dna sequencing is the determination of the order of the nucleotide bases of dna. in determing the dna sequence of humans and chimpanzees, it was observed that there were more similarities betwen humans and chimpanzees than between humans and gorillas.

i'm tired this evening, so with that information you might come up with some more ideas and be able to hunt down your own more reputable sources from which to write a response.

*~HuTcHo!~*

HSC
haha wow! i had that exact same question 4 my assignment AND it was a dot point! AND there is an emma in my bio class!! how cool lol ummm yeah ill check out that link see if it helps! thanks!! MWAHH!!:)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Methods that helps to further our understanding of the evolutionary relationships:

DNA-DNA hydridisation
DNA-RNA hydridisation
DNA sequencing
Protein expression

*~HuTcHo!~*

HSC
what is the difference between

DNA-DNA hydridisation

and

DNA-RNA hydridisation

??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
DNA-DNA hybridisation involves two single-stranded DNA annealing together in the process.

DNA-RNA hybridisation involves one single-stranded DNA and one single-stranded RNA annealing together.

rayan89

HSC
ok if u hav the excel book its on page 30. areas supporting the theory ov evolution is palaeontology, biogeography, comparative embryology, comparative anatomy, and biochemistry....

trust its really easy dun stress n i dun think we hav 2 know all ov em jst know 3 really well aytz good luck

HunTeR FoB

HSC
N/A
I'm studying for that at the moment, got a half yearly exam for bio...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)