• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Help me with a description!!! (1 Viewer)

IamSalvidor

HSC
N/A
How would you describe glass breaking?

Not necessarily a sentence or anything. But are there any words that you associate with that sound?

Please and thank you

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
"As the glass hit the floor, its very being was comprimised, it's body scared by the intricate web that caused the sound of many tiny voices screaming in to the night"

theres a go at describing glass breaking. That is actually really hard to describe.

IamSalvidor

HSC
N/A
ooohhh I like the personification.

You're right. It is really hard to describe - no words immediately come to my mind and I'm not terribly good at describing sounds

catherinet

HSC
"Shards of
-Jagged razorblade ice
-Sharp edged solidified tears
embellish the floor of the lifeless, dark room"

Last edited:

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
there is a particularly deceptive nature surrounding the breaking of glass. an initial tinkle, like a sudden down pour of crystalised rain splattering haphazardly on evening fresh lawns. it is followed by the blank realisation of the fragile nature of the substance we suround ourselves with, and there is a crunch like the gravel leading you away from the house and deeper into the garden. there is tiptoing, brushing and vaccuming, but weeks later you will wince and find a tiny crystal embedded in the sole of your foot.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
there is a particularly deceptive nature surrounding the breaking of glass. an initial tinkle, like a sudden down pour of crystalised rain splattering haphazardly on evening fresh lawns. it is followed by the blank realisation of the fragile nature of the substance we suround ourselves with, and there is a crunch like the gravel leading you away from the house and deeper into the garden. there is tiptoing, brushing and vaccuming, but weeks later you will wince and find a tiny crystal embedded in the sole of your foot.
wow *claps*
i can see why you do ee2.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
hollyy. said:
wow *claps*
i can see why you do ee2.
hahah, thanks.
my mw is poetry, so yeahhhh, images are important. i dont particularly dabble with dialouge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)