Help me! (1 Viewer)

soo jae

HSC
Hi, I just finished my year 12.
I think business type of courses suit my aptitude.
I got interviews for both UTS Accounting and BIT at UNSW for Co-op scholarships.
i think my uai will be probably 98+ according to school's prediction.
I think i'm good at maths as i did 4 unit, but unsure wat course will suit me.
I want to get into Harvard Business school or Wharton School for MBA in future, if it would help me.
Also, i really want to make a lot of money A.S.A.P. to be able to build my own aid organisation and build lots of orphanages all over the world to help others.
Do you have any sort of idea, which course i should choose?
I'm prepared to work damn hard, but i really gotta make lots of money and be in right direction.
Thank you.

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
soo jae said:
Also, i really want to make a lot of money A.S.A.P. to be able to build my own aid organisation and build lots of orphanages all over the world to help others.
Doesn't everybody? I mean seriously, ur starting to sound like one of those HYIP scam artists (please take no offence). People's salaries can vary person to person, usually based on performance. However, Average Salary Packages (i only think its base salaries...) are called ''Salary Surveys" check them out ;) (michael page finance ss's r good)

and Remember, Money = Time and High Investment Returns = High Risk and low Investment Returns = Capital Protection (low risk).

Last edited:

MichaelJackson2

Moonwalker
HSC
G'day,

You say wanna make $$$ fast but wanna do it by building your organisation... well that's a little contradicting cos obviously setting up any business takes time. But if you think you have the potential to develop very strong mathematical/modelling/quantitative skills coupled with a highly analytical mindset, then in my opinion you should go for investment banking. Some dude I know started off with 100K upon graduation (this is not including the massive bonus IB'ers get). Of course there's a catch. It goes without saying that you have to be good... very good. And more money means more work (there's no such thing as a free lunch - economics101).

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
Yerp, IBs are obliged to pay their employees huge pays. They get like x3 more than any grad job lol. But the employees work for long long long long time (and not bludge a second lol). So if u want a to write your life down (or if u like the sub so much), go IB (no offence ;) )

soo jae

HSC
Wat uni course and major do i hav to choose to do Investment Banking?

turtleface

HSC
any

best are law, engineering, accounting, economics and science/maths/actuary/quantitative field

turtleface

HSC
I disagree. People don't get into IBDs on the back of Finance alone. Usually the law component does it for them.

My opinion is Finance (by itself) is useless for IBD. You have better chances with pure engineering, accounting and economics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)