• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Help me!! (1 Viewer)

anonymousgem

HSC
Hi I'm in yr 12
I do:
legal
advanced maths
advanced english
bio
modern
1 unit RE
= 11 units

I would like an atar of 90, I'm going through eas (hopefully) as well as I suffer from anxiety. Half of my subjects are going quite well (1 unit re, legal and modern- averaging at 90 + for all these) but im getting exactly average lately for maths, bio, (70's , high 60 for maths). English is the only rank of which i am under half (freaked and bombed 1/2 yearlies), and i am just under average - But this has been appealed and will most likely be adjusted. I'm feeling pretty bad and can't help but think that I don't stand a chance. My school rank ranges- typically around 100. I don't know what to do, I only have trials left and i just want to do well :(

HSC
I think it's the stress associated with exams that affects your performance. Is there anyway you can effectively manage your stress? Sometimes try practising in similar conditions as test conditions so you can get use to it to make it not as frightening as it is

anonymousgem

HSC
i have tried, literally almost everything. I mostly make lots of small mistakes in my exams, which add up to a large sum and it sucks so much. in my recent bio test, the question asked me to point out what was wrong with a given conclusion and i knew the answer- that the data given did not give any specific evidence to support that lung cancer came from smoking and i wrote lung cancer came from lung cancer and got 0. IT IS SO FRUSTRATING

HSC
Yep it happens. Silly but preventable mistakes. Once I almost wrote applying sunscreen is a preventative measure for sunscreen. But I try to proofread/ skim through the one paragraph after I've written it. Even though there might not be time to go over your answers, by quickly skimming as you go, you can pick up some sillies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)