Help my sis (1 Viewer)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Can you help my sister.

She needs an idea for English Extension 2.

Just fire away ...

D._

If your sister needs assistance in thinking up an idea, then I dont believe she chose the correct course. If shes not imaginative enough to comprise a simple story premise, then she will most probably be unable to extrapolate and sustain a storyline which has been GIVEN to her by one of the board members Besides, the extension two piece is supposed to revolve around and further explore a concept researched in either advanced English or extension 1. Without knowing the courses shes studied, our advice would be ultimately useless.
My advice is that she look over the course topics shes done in the past and choose her favourite topic. Then when shes chosen that topic, begin to consider what direction she could further explore this concept in, deciding whether to create a web-site, short story, or use any other medium in the wide range available to this course. When shes thought about which topic and which format would be most appropriate, then she can think about her idea for the actual work itself. I advise her to try and come up with her own concept though Otherwise shell never have the determination to complete something SHE has created.

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
D, i am afraid you just enjoyed that lecture a little too much.

Has your sis figured out what form she would like to write in? cause if she hasnt, i would suggest critical responce, what i wish i had done instead of short stories, that or a speech or something so she doesnt wait around for half the year to be 'inspired' like i did and can just get moving.

Also, tell her TO USE THE CHRITMAS HOLIDAYS. I can really not stress that enough.

Oh and no matter how didatic D. migh have sounded, they were right, you should go through past enlgish stuff and choose something that she really enjoyed (ie, if she loved studying Frankenstien, do a critical study or the evolution of the Gothic genre) and just go with it. Also tell me to make us of a mentor or her teacher

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)