HELP needed.. (1 Viewer)

Pantitty

HSC
Anyone have notes or past essays which they have about the legal system?

Pantitty

HSC
Sorry, all i know is that we have to do an essay in the last section of the exam and it's about 'The Legal System' We will (in the exam) learn what the line given which we are to elaborate on is.
In this section, we can choose from 'the legal system' or 'women'
Which do you think could be easier to do well?

manifestation

What?!
HSC
You need to be more specific, like what about the legal system?
Like theory vs practice? Operation of the law? Rights under the legal system?

Have a browse of this:
http://www.boredofstudies.org/view.php?course=26
Go through the notes that may interest you...instead of posting here asking for essays go through the notes and look for any essays that may help. At school you should have like HSC standard packages on the computers if not then ask your teacher about them and they have sample essay questions, from past HSC papers.

If you need help with a specific question then post the question up and we should be able to give you some pointers.

Last edited:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Good point made my WW, its good to learn how to reference properly and not to plagiarise now, beacause its a big deal at uni :uhhuh: and will save you from trouble both now and in the future

It is also much more helpful if you give us a bit more information about what sort of information you are looking for, the more specific you are the better information, hints and guidelines we can give you.

The legal system can mean so many things, it can be that we use a common law system, an adversial system of trial, how the system fuctions, our procedures/ processes etc and questions draw on different things. I think my first legal studies essay was "Dicuss the effectiveness of the adversial system of trial"

It is also common at HSC level legal studies to be asked "Evaluate the effectiveness of the legal system in..." e.g dealing with disuptes between family members or in protecting the enviroment etc...again it depends what topic you are currently studying and the scope of the course the teacher has specfied the question will come from.

Last edited:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Pantitty said:
Sorry, all i know is that we have to do an essay in the last section of the exam and it's about 'The Legal System' We will (in the exam) learn what the line given which we are to elaborate on is.
In this section, we can choose from 'the legal system' or 'women'
Which do you think could be easier to do well?
Geez thats very general. I would look to what you have done in class as a guide, that will give you an indication of the topic areas that might arise, look at homework questions and questions in your textbook, they often have questions which might guide your study. I'd also look to the syllabus, there are key questions that are like essay questions which many teachers draw/base their essay questions on.

My strategy in a choice situation is to do the question you feel you understand and can remember the most about in the exam, prepare for both incase one is easier or you understand better and just go with what suits you :)

Good luck :wave:

Kell.xox

HSC
i did women.....but the legal system is much easier. it is really broad and you cant go wrong.....women can overlap and you can sound like you're going round in circles. the legal system is much easier and helps you understand other things

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)