HELP! On the fence about dropping a subject. (1 Viewer)

JayIntel2232

HSC
Hey guys,

So basically its half way through the HSC year and I'm considering dropping Business Studies. I have never really liked the subject, just picked it because it went pretty hand in hand with Economics. The current subjects I do include: English Adv, Ext 2 Maths, Ext 1 Maths, Economics, Business. I have a accelerated IPT course which I finished in 2018 and got a HSC mark of 93.
Basically if I choose to drop Business then that course would be used instead. I have looked at the ATAR estimates and scaled mark differences between IPT and Business Studies and a 93 in IPT is better than a 93 in Business. I find business studies pretty easy and I know I can get a Band 6 but the large quantity and dryness of the content really puts me off learning. I want to dedicate my time towards getting 95+ in Economics (my goal) as well as focusing on getting 80+ in Ext 2 maths.

By dropping Business will that be putting my HSC at risk or not? What would you guys recommend I do? I just feel like by dropping Business I will have so much more time to study all my other subjects.

Hopefully you guys can guide me to make a decision soon as I have an upcoming Business Exam (15th of May) which I'm really not keen on studying for. Thanks :)

yooook

HSC
keep it, but if you are sure you can get above 90 in eco then drop it

yooook

HSC
Hey guys,

So basically its half way through the HSC year and I'm considering dropping Business Studies. I have never really liked the subject, just picked it because it went pretty hand in hand with Economics. The current subjects I do include: English Adv, Ext 2 Maths, Ext 1 Maths, Economics, Business. I have a accelerated IPT course which I finished in 2018 and got a HSC mark of 93.
Basically if I choose to drop Business then that course would be used instead. I have looked at the ATAR estimates and scaled mark differences between IPT and Business Studies and a 93 in IPT is better than a 93 in Business. I find business studies pretty easy and I know I can get a Band 6 but the large quantity and dryness of the content really puts me off learning. I want to dedicate my time towards getting 95+ in Economics (my goal) as well as focusing on getting 80+ in Ext 2 maths.

By dropping Business will that be putting my HSC at risk or not? What would you guys recommend I do? I just feel like by dropping Business I will have so much more time to study all my other subjects.

Hopefully you guys can guide me to make a decision soon as I have an upcoming Business Exam (15th of May) which I'm really not keen on studying for. Thanks :)
also, send me your ipt notes plz

vinlatte

HSC
Hey guys,

I have very similar subjects with eco and ext math, and I dropped business last year. For me, I was able to focus more of my time on maths since it was more demanding with homework and study. And I would have to agree, business content gets dry and it's too repetitive to write business reports.

You can still do economics without business, since it focuses more on macroeconomics on a national and global scale. You shouldn't have to keep business if you don't like the subject, it may be considered a waste of your time and effort.

Think about what you want to focus your efforts on the units that you want to be counted for the HSC.

idkkdi

HSC
Hey guys,

Business aligns better, so it scales better than IPT based on raw mark. Not bothered to explain this process, you can research it.

studiesofboard

HSC
also, send me your ipt notes plz
Check out the IPT notes here:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)