help on units (1 Viewer)

Chew me:)

HSC
mann english adv. is my hardest subject.. im not that great in it BUT I LOVE IT!!

im just looking at all the UAI'S.. 90 THIS, 90 that... and not 91's, therelike 96+...SCARY!!! itll be mad to get over 95.. but sooo hard, my cuzn got 98.7.. IM SO PROUD OF HIM.. and my friend got 99.25..

heres the thing, i do 14 units.. 13 UAI ones.. andd i really enjoy em all.. but my friend , [the one who got 99.25] just did 10? like soo much less pressure.. less to do.. all that.. and i know itll be mad if i drop some sucjects.. BUT I ENJOY THEM ALL!!

im doing:
Business studies--we havent handed in an assignment for this yet
Ancient- i got 11/15.. i wanted AT LEAST 12, but what can i do now
Modern- i got 26/30.. its okayy--souce analysis so its easy
Ext Hist. - i got 8/10 for my proposal
Armenian- got 90.. i can do better.. i hardly even prepared for it.. lolz
English Adv.-14/20.. it was a listening task.. so i think i can only get better.. i love it though
General Maths - 39.5/44 for a open-book test.. i do pretty well in this subject.. wouldnt drop it, as im planning to do psych.

soooo what does everyone think?

G

gaoOO

i personally think you should drop down to about 12 units. 14 units will end up being very stressful- i actually had the exact same problem. Assuming you like all of them, I'd pick on the criteria:
1) which ones you need: ie. english, maths if you want to do psych
2) which ones you will do best at. If it's similar then:
3) which ones require least time and effort to achieve good marks in.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
How are you handling the 14 units you have now? If it isn't giving you trouble and you can't see it giving you any best to keep with your combination.

Every HSC student is different, your cousin, your friend and you are all your own individual person and student with your own learning styles, talents and abilities. Although yes 10 units isn't as stressful as 14 units it is by no means the easy road and even if you were to drop down to 10 units with most people using the excuse of it being less stressful and having more time to concentrate on all your units. This simply isn't true most people that drop waste study sessions and don't change the way they approach their school work so although they will have less to focus on their situation and attitude stays.

You will learn to balance and organise your time whether you have 10 units or 14 units it is all up to you the student, how much you enjoy\value your courses and marks and where you want to be. In short we can't decided for you only offer our advice and opinion the end decision is up to you as you will have to live\work with it.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
{quote]Although yes 10 units isn't as stressful as 14 units it is by no means the easy road and even if you were to drop down to 10 units with most people using the excuse of it being less stressful and having more time to concentrate on all your units. This simply isn't true most people that drop waste study sessions and don't change the way they approach their school work so although they will have less to focus on their situation and attitude stays.

[/quote]

so true. i went from 12 to 11 units and i can't exactly say i utilise that extra time in any productive manner, so it kinda amounts to the same in the end

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
If you think you could handle them all, just keep them. I don't really think dropping a subject would increase your marks in your other subjects that much :p But if you feel that they're dragging you down, then by all means...chuck some away! :D

karnoganguli

HSC
Whats ur position? That should be considered too. The mark and placing is both important... a lot of people say only rank but how far behind u r from top is very important. The difference can have a very big effect on ur UAI.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Rankings are more important than your marks, it'd tell you how you would compete with everyone else.

I've heard that only English is a prerequisite for Psych, maths isn't really necessary but as long as you are doing pretty well in your subjects, maybe consider keeping them till assessments come up and make your decision then.

Chew me:)

HSC
im not sure now.. im contemplating dropping business... cause i dont need it..and i know i dont want to open a business or anything... it feels like extra work? and i have a full assignment i need to do for it on the holidays.. im not sure.. ill work out my assessments and all the work i need to do now for my hsc and then ill see

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
I suggest that you keep all them if you enjoy it. Possibly try spreading your time out more, manage your time, and study effectively etc. (that's only if you already havn't so to the best of your ability). Try that until the end of term 1, or possibly a few weeks even before then. If you can't manage then drop a subject, that'll be your choice. It was also your first english adv. task anyway, and you didn't do too bad, you can always make up for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)