• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HELP! PIP topic crisis (1 Viewer)

Spring Sakura

HSC
Gah! I just got my first assessment task for yr 12....my PIP proposal.
>_<

I have two ideas on what to do...but I have absolutely no idea which one to pick.
I'm trying to shy away from the topics that have been done to pieces...so tell me if you think these two belong in that category.

Any help would be much...MUCH appreciated!

1. "Idea of Ideal mate" this one focuses on how the media influences people's perceptions on what their desired partner would be like.
2. "The OC -- Beverly Hills 90210 reborn" this one discusses whether or not the superficiality of popular culture has changed or not over the course of time.

I tried asking my teachers...but all I got was the vague, non-helpful reply of "it's your choice, whichever one you find most appealing..."

*shakes fist at teachers*

hscfreak

HSC
Here is my advice to all of you up and coming Year 12'ers doing Society & Culture next year - GET OUT, GET OUT NOW WHILE YOU CAN!!! THE PIP IS AN ABSOLUTE KILLER....DON'T THINK IT STOPS THERE, IT KEEPS GETTING WORSE WITH THE TRIALS STRAIGHT AFTER YOUR PIP....THEN THE HSC!!!!!

winicat

HSC
my original idea was peer tutoring but then i changed it to "the HSC and female students". no matter what you do you're bound to change it heaps. my suggestion: stick them in a hat and pick at random. how does the first one fit into the syllabus? try expanding them both (if you have time) and then picking (ie. methodologies, intros, what info you'd include). our first assessment task was a "mini PIP" and that really was the defining point of what i would do.

Stephanator

hscfreak said:
Here is my advice to all of you up and coming Year 12'ers doing Society & Culture next year - GET OUT, GET OUT NOW WHILE YOU CAN!!! THE PIP IS AN ABSOLUTE KILLER....DON'T THINK IT STOPS THERE, IT KEEPS GETTING WORSE WITH THE TRIALS STRAIGHT AFTER YOUR PIP....THEN THE HSC!!!!!

LMAO! TOO TRUE!
But goodluck anyway, pick something you will enjoy doing because if you get something you absolutely hate, it will drive you mad. I did the horror, and the effects/appeal it has on teenagers etc. etc. and my teacher said it was really good, but it took alot out of me to get it like that! So try and pick something you will enjoy doing and space yourself out when doing it, don't leave it to the last minute.

Goodluck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)