Help please (1 Viewer)

Annabeth_35

HSC
Just did my maths exam today and it was pretty bad, mostly because I know I made a lot of silly mistakes and also because there were 2 questions that were really hard. I feel like I did really bad in it and am just relying on scaling to somewhat boost my mark, that is if everyone else found it hard. Now I am also stressed with the fact that bio and business are next week and I still need to learn more content and do questions, especially sending reports and essays for business to my business teacher to mark. I don’t know how to do this all in week and was just wondering on some advice to handle this in an effective and realistic manner?

icycledough

HSC
I won't be able to give you specific feedback on those subjects, but I can give you some general feedback.

1) Try not to worry about your maths performance; easier said than done, but it is now in the past, and all you can change is your preparation to maximize your marks in Biology and Business Studies. If the entire cohort didn't perform as well as previous years, I believe there will be favourable scaling or that the required raw marks for certain Band cutoffs will lower.

2) Having a look at the HSC timetable, Biology is on Monday and Business is on Tuesday, so not the most ideal, but there definitely is time. Focus a bit more on the weaker subject, but don't shift all the focus onto this, as they are each 2 units and will comprise of 20% each of your HSC. I'm not sure about the specific content for both, so it may be better to post your specific concerns onto the specific threads for Business Studies and Biology.

Good luck for your upcoming exams 👍

nourished.

HSC
Just did my maths exam today and it was pretty bad, mostly because I know I made a lot of silly mistakes and also because there were 2 questions that were really hard. I feel like I did really bad in it and am just relying on scaling to somewhat boost my mark, that is if everyone else found it hard. Now I am also stressed with the fact that bio and business are next week and I still need to learn more content and do questions, especially sending reports and essays for business to my business teacher to mark. I don’t know how to do this all in week and was just wondering on some advice to handle this in an effective and realistic manner?
Like others have said, Maths has been done and dusted. Whether you stress or not, there's no changing whatever has been written in the exam. You'll be fine.

Study both subjects everyday. Don't worry about learning all the content. Go through your notes and past papers and jot down what the most commonly tested concepts are. Make very brief notes on them, then do past papers. I'd suggest finishing your notes in one day, then using the rest of the days leading up to the exam memorising and doing practice questions.

You got this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)