• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help please? (1 Viewer)

cricket_freak

HSC
haya people, even though ive tried to do all q's in maths in focus book(i get 80% right) i still have trouble studying for exams topic tests and semister exams alike, cause like it always seems to me that i forget everything that i have learnt up untill the exam and then forget it the night before *sigh*

if anyone can give me suggestion?

thanks
cricket_freak

Riviet

HSC
N/A
To do well in maths, you need to understand the maths, not just remember formulas and facts. If you understand a concept, then you should recall it much more easily when in an exam situation. Alot of the maths in focus questions are very simple and straightforward, and the way to succeed is to go for the harder questions and practice attempting them. You should look around book shops for other maths textbooks such as fitzpatrick and cambridge which will have a different variety of questions that you can practice with.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
i hav that trouble too, our school gives us the maths in focus text book and i seem to cope alright with those questions.
But when exam time comes i either fail the test or barely pass

Riviet

HSC
N/A
sando said:
i hav that trouble too, our school gives us the maths in focus text book and i seem to cope alright with those questions.
But when exam time comes i either fail the test or barely pass
As I said previously, you should go buy yourself some other maths textbooks. That way, you can get some experience with harder and a more variety of questions.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
When I first saw this mathematics topic I knew Riviet would be the first to reply *wink. Have to agree with everything he said also just like most things just work at and keep working with problems and try to understand the concept. Also remember different books help different people so maybe a study book might also help.

cricket_freak

HSC
ok, thanks alot guys. my next assessment task is in wk 5/6 next term, i keep u posted on my results and difficulties. the test is on Geometrical Applications of calculus.

thanks

cricket_freak

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
i hav 2 other books but what i do is try and make sure i can do all of the harder ones in maths in focus and my tutor helps me with the other books

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)