• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Help plz (1 Viewer)

johnny_boy101

HSC
i have a Bio assessment task due tomorro and i need help....

the question is:

research and analyse infomation from secondary sources to identify examples of the use of transgenic species and use evidence to discuss the ethical issues arising from the development and use of transgenic species.

Jeza.

HSC
i realise this is too late for your assesment but you could use it for revision for the H/Y......

however you may want to expand on these....

5.5- Analyse information from secondary sources to identify examples of the use of transgenic species and use available evidence to debate the ethical issues arising from the development and use of transgenic species.

Transgenic sheep have been produced to secrete ‘alpha 1’, a protein important in the treatment of human lung disease in their milk. Another includes transgenic field peas that contain a gene from French beans which produce a protein causing pea-eating insects to starve to death.

Ethical issues:
Some people are concerned that the eugenics movement will return, the strategy applies selective breeding to humans to promote desirable traits, sterilising mentally retarded people and the ‘race purification’ in genocide committed by the Nazis are examples.
Another is the pollution of gene pools. For example, cross-pollination from a genetically modified crop into a non-genetically modified crop would likely result in genetically modified rather than natural plants.

jess xx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)