Help: Progress report due! (1 Viewer)

M'broughRockz

HSC
I've done most of it, but is their any tips for the interview. Anything i should give in with the progress report?. Should i give my synopsis, bibliography etc?? How should i arrange essay outline??

Mrs.McDreamy

stalker inc. president
HSC
M'broughRockz said:
I've done most of it, but is their any tips for the interview. Anything i should give in with the progress report?. Should i give my synopsis, bibliography etc?? How should i arrange essay outline??
Do you mean your proposal? At my school we have a proposal (which is a report saying how much research you have done, there is no limit for ours but some people have like a 500 word limit) and we have a process diary, which we write in whenever we do anything... Every school does it differently! I don't have an interview and we don't need to hand in the synopsis with our proposal, or a proper bibliograph, just a list of books we've read so far. As for an essay outline, we didn't need one of those either.. erm sorry im not being much help.
What i recommend you do is check out the syllabus, it has a bunch of dotpoints that you need to include in your proposal and you can structure it according to that.. if thats what your doing ... Sorry thats all ive got.. hope ive helped.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
ummm, well, my school didnt require us to do a progress report, but i would imagine that if they wanted you to bring in anything you'd done in hardcopy form they would have notified you by now.

You can't properly do a synopsis or a bibliography until you've completed the final copy of your essay, so unless you're waaaaaaaaaay ahead of the rest of us in that respect, you shouldn't have anything to bring in.

If it was me, I'd probably bring my progress journal and just be prepared to talk about what sources I'd consulted, why I'd chosen the topic, how far into my research/drafting my essay I was etc. They're just checking up on if you know what you're doing and if you;re going about you research etc. in the right way. so if you seem confident and can talk about where you've looked for materials and what areas you'll be looking at in future etc. you should be fine

oh, and id also recomment that you're ready to say where you've gone wrong so far, even if it's just something along the lines of realising after research that your topic was too large and that you needed to refine your question.

you'll be right :) dont panic

X

xeuyrawp

silvermoon said:
ummm, well, my school didnt require us to do a progress report, but i would imagine that if they wanted you to bring in anything you'd done in hardcopy form they would have notified you by now.

You can't properly do a synopsis or a bibliography until you've completed the final copy of your essay, so unless you're waaaaaaaaaay ahead of the rest of us in that respect, you shouldn't have anything to bring in.

If it was me, I'd probably bring my progress journal and just be prepared to talk about what sources I'd consulted, why I'd chosen the topic, how far into my research/drafting my essay I was etc. They're just checking up on if you know what you're doing and if you;re going about you research etc. in the right way. so if you seem confident and can talk about where you've looked for materials and what areas you'll be looking at in future etc. you should be fine

oh, and id also recomment that you're ready to say where you've gone wrong so far, even if it's just something along the lines of realising after research that your topic was too large and that you needed to refine your question.

you'll be right :) dont panic
Yeah, good advice. BOS marking criteria love the 'what I would change' stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)