• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HELP! Reflection by Tool (1 Viewer)

Marat

HSC
hey, I'm using reflection by tool as my IJ text and I was wondering if anyone could help me with its meaning and Language forms and features!

Lyrics:
[FONT=&quot]I have come curiously close to the end, down[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Beneath my self-indulgent pitiful hole,[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Defeated, I concede and move closer[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]I may find comfort here.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]I may find peace within the emptiness,[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]How pitiful.

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]It's calling me...

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]And in my darkest moment, fetal and weeping[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]The moon tells me a secret, my confidant[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]As full and bright as I am[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]This light is not my own and[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]A million light reflections pass over me[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]The source is bright and endless [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]She resusitates the hopeless[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]And as I pull my head out I am without one doubt[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Don't wanna stay down here surving my narcissism[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]I must crucify the ego before it's far too late[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]I pray the light lifts me out[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Before I pine away.

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]So crucify the ego, before it's far too late[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]And leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]And you will come to find that we are all one mind[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]So let the light touch you and let the words spill through[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Just let them pass right through bringing out our hope and[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Reason[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Before we pine away.[/FONT]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)