HELP : selections for HSC PERFORMANCE PEICES (1 Viewer)

wahwahwewah

HSC
Hello to everyone :wave: ,
I am curently in year 12 and doing music one, i need to choose my final topic however i am unsure what to pick. I have already done a composition for my first topic music in education (i composed for a small orchestra), my next topic was Chopin (his self expression through piano solos) and now i am stuck i want to do another performance i just cant choose a topic. I welcome all sorts of suggestions thanks for reading this post.

Years playing piano : 4 (i know this is not long but i have worked hard to get where i am)

Grade : AMEB 6 going to 7 in the next month

idling fire

HSC
Does your class have to do any particular topics together?

I dunno, just find any song you like, and make it fit a topic :)
That's how I'm doing it.

chillipilli

HSC
You haven't said what type of music you like to play, or what type you are good at playing. This could make a difference. Choose a few pieces that you like, then choose the topic from these. There's no point deciding to study Jazz as a topic if you really can't play piano in a jazzy style.
There are some more general topics you can choose from such as 'An Instrument and its Repertoire.' In this topic, you should try to get a piece that shows what your instrument can really do (eg particular techniques). And the piece should be written originally for your instrument.
Though I've been playing piano for quite a few years, I can't really recommend anything without having heard you play. Your piano teacher should be able to recommend something that suits your ability and style.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)