• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Help!!!! Transfer!! (1 Viewer)

cool_as_ice14

HSC
I'm going a B theology/ B social work at ACU national in Strathfield, I just started this year and I am currently doing all theology subjects which I hate. My uai was very low (66) and I was wondering if I would be able to transfer out of ACU and into UWS or any other uni in sydney which has a low uai entry. The courses I am intrested in are social work or social science and I was wondering if I would be able to transfer into them in the mid year transfer.

I would stay in the course that I am currently doing, but I am really beginning to hate Theology, and learning about god. I could stay in ACU and transfer into teaching second year, but I really don't want to become a teacher. I was also wondering if the subjects that I had done would be acknowledged by any other uni's (if I am able to transfer mid year).

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
short answer in transferring from ACU to UWS :yes (provided youve got the UAI for it)
If UWS accepts mid year transfers for social science/social work, then yes, i think youre in with a good chance
If the subjects youre currently doing fits in with the criteria of your transferred degre, then you could transfer credit for it, which means youll complete the degree in lesser time

HSC
It would be more easier to transfer next year, Social Work UAI cutoff was 70.80 which happend to fill up there vaccancies.

Its worth a shot seeing as uws is pretty lenient, but like most people who want to transfer mid-year, they dont include ur 2007 Autumn uni marks. Just your UAI alone. Btw did you do a RET test? (regional test that can maximise your UAI by 10 points depending on how you went), because this would be of a great assistence to you.

If you dont make it in next semster, i think your guarrented in getting in next year if you at least get a pass average, and yes they will reconise some of your subjects (the socal work part anyway).

Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)