Help! University choice (1 Viewer)

chloethepug

HSC
Hi guys,
So I'm studying a Bachelor of Civil Engineering. I've been at o-week at UNSW and I really like it there, I've already made some friends and am really interested in the opportunities they have to offer there. I've also heard they're the best uni for engineering.
However I've just been offered this huge scholarship at UTS. I've kind of got my heart set on UNSW but I feel like I might regret not taking up the scholarship at UTS (which also comes with industry placement).
Any advice?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Both universities are good. You seem to be leaning towards UNSW in terms of interest. An important factor that you may wish to consider when deciding which university to study at is whether you feel that a scholarship is significant enough for you to choose to study at UTS instead of UNSW. Essentially, students attend universities to gain an education in their chosen field of study, and ultimately enter the workforce. Scholarships and additional benefits provided by universities are of course welcome, although they do not constitute a primary reason for choosing a university.

On the other hand, the fact that choosing UTS will provide you with the opportunity of undertaking an industry placement is significant and is something that you may wish to consider when deciding which university to study at, i.e. is your interest in UNSW significant enough that it outweighs the benefit of an industry placement that you would gain access to by attending UTS? Gaining relevant work experience during your time at university is favourable and alongside a maintained good academic position (i.e. consistently good unit results + GPA/WAM), you will be able to maximise your employability, potentially increasing your employment opportunity as you graduate from university. Of course, you can still gain access to such opportunities if you attend UNSW, either through opportunities offered by the university or possibly by seeking such opportunities yourself, and thus reach and maintain the same position that is being offered to you by UTS.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)