• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help with Engineering and Business (2 Viewers)

nautical

HSC
Hey guys,
Pretty much my question here is that if I do maths foundations for semester 1 instead of maths mod 1 (and do maths mod 1 in semester 2), will I have to do maths mod 2 next year semester 1 or in this years summer holidays ? reason for the question is because I will be overseas from November 22nd :/

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
You can do it whenever, but depending on your major it could become problematic for other subjects prerequisites. Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering in semester 2 for electrical students has mm2 as a pre or corequisite (i.e. you have to be doing mm2 at the same time or already completed it). ICT Engineering students have a Signals subject first semester of second year with mm2 as a prereq and idk about any other majors.

Have you failed the math readiness test or think you might? If you just think you won't cope with mm1 i'd reconsider if i were you, if you put in a little effort it's not hard to pass. I did pretty terrible in 2unit maths and passed MM1.

Edit: Ooooh wait, nvm you are doing combined Business. That eases everything a lot more since you can substitute subjects for random business subjects while you complete pre reqs. Eng/Business dont get electives though so im not sure what happens with Fundy Maths - especially in regards to HECS.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)