• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help with examples of information systems (1 Viewer)

carnage193

Focus
HSC
We have just been told what we have to do for our final project and we have to make an information system. I was just wondering what are some good examples of smallish projects that could be made.. It seems simple enough to think of examples but i'm having a bit of trouble

Thanks in advance for your help

Lexie1001

HSC
we got given several tasks to do as info systems early last year, here are some of them, pm me if you want to see them:
- a database for a video store, with member ids, video details table, and an entry form.
- a powerpoint presentation - say a travel guide, we had to do a top ten movies thing or u could do it like a yearbook. make sure you do your own animations if u know how - looks good, and some photos and stuff.
- a website. we had to one that was a summary of the chapter - really boring but worked well. you can type the html in notepad if you know how or use microsoft word, frontpage, platypus web builder etc.

thats all i can think of for now but theres heaps of options out there. choose something u know a lot about or u have access to, eg a recent trip u might have gone on.

hope that helps! :)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
My major work was a database of children in a primary school with disabilities, I made it with information like their name, address, contact phone numbers, emergency contacts, disability information, class information etc etc. I used a relational database and went from there. That's an example i guess.

Heaps of people in our grade did an information system of all the cd's and dvd's they have at home like cd information, artist information and so forth. but really it's up to you. Use your imagination and think of something unique that you know you will be able to do well and work HARD and it will all fall into place.

Talk to your teacher and go over ideas with them, thats what they're there for :)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Databases and Multimedia information systems are usually in my experience are the two main information systems that students tend to use for their major project, at my school last year it was about 50:50. I only know of one person who used MS Excel to do a DSS (Decision Support System).

Wether it be a website, database or another multimedia information system remember that not only is the prototype is important but the documentation is usually where all the marks come from so try to organise your time wisely.

If it helps last year for my HSC IPT major project I made a multimedia information system, Television Guide made in Macromedia Flash.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)