• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help with languages (1 Viewer)

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
hey guys,
I have my language continuers exams coming up real soon and i'm confused as to how to answer questions in reading, specifically the ones which are 8 marks or so worth. The question usually has "with examples from the text". Does this mean that i include a line IN FRENCH from the text or do i translate it to English? Also, how detailed should my responses be? I'm super nervous because this is my first "good level" exam i'm doing so i have no clue on detail and time management. If someone who has done language continuers exam could give me some advice that would be much appreciated!
Thank you

HSC
hey im doing french too! our teacher said if we were to quote from the text, we have to translate it to English but idk what it's like for you. our teacher gave us a practice task to do so we could familiarise ourselves with the format and type of questions that would be included in our actual exam. i think its best if you directly ask your teacher any questions you have so you get it straight from the source because some schools might do their internals differently to others.

for our exam (reading), our teacher basically said everything in the text is there for a reason and there isn't a bit of useless information. you also need to really understand WHAT the question is asking and answer it specifically, eg. if it asks "to what extent.." you have to include an answer somewhere (preferably at the start or the end) in your response that specifically answers what extent (plus evidence ofc). also our teacher said in the hsc you can't use the same piece of evidence twice for two different questions (they write it so the questions will never ask you for two of the same pieces of evidence) so we should try to do that. keep in mind this is just for our tests tho and idk what your teacher wants from you

good luck! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)