• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help With Legal Studies Assessment. (1 Viewer)

NathanGN

HSC
Hey guys,
I was wondering if you could give me a helping hand with this legal studies assessment because truly, i'm stumped on ideas of what to do. What i need is a specific human rights issue (a fairly current one, within the last 10 years) which can be relevant to Australia or an international issue (probably Australian Relevance is best) and then i need to discuss:

1) How is/isn't this rocgnised and enforced
2) How effective have legal and non-legal measures been in addressing this issue?

I've looked through some of the other threads without success within the forum, however, if you guys will be able to give me a helping hand and a great kick start to this assessment, i'd be forever grateful. :)

If you could include some articles/cases/acts/decision which are to do with the issue that would be great too. Also, any tips on how to conduct this assessment would be grate too, lol, i havent been scoring so well for legal studies, apparently i dont know how to conduct reponses properly :( , Anyhow, thanks a million guys!

Nathan.

Husayn

Banned
HSC
REFUGEES.

Just type it in google (with search Australian pages selected) and you'll find more than you can possibly use.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
slavery
and as the above person said refugees

otherwise go searching for the UDHR and look at the rights, look at ones that u have seen in the news and u've got it

Last edited:

roadcone

HSC
Refugees, Women, ATSIs are three good examples and all are relatively easy to find articles and cases on.

Here are my BASIC notes on these three areas. They may give you an idea on where to start.

Good Luck.

=slade=

HSC
here are the ones i did for Human Rights in class

-- mandatory sentencing

-- australians engaging in paedophilia in Sth East Asia (in the file 'legal ass')

-- woomera det centre

the woomera one is missing some parts i think on legal remedies, the others are complete im pretty sure!

i hope this helps???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)