• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

help with photocells (1 Viewer)

gilly2006

HSC
i need imediate help for an assessment task on photocells if you can help me with this question i would be very appreciative
  • describe and explain fully how photocells work including a fully labeeled diagram listing parts, showing electron flow direction, holes direction and current flow direction
  • explain why electrons can only flow in one direction on a pn junction

Jynxfreak

HSC
Yeah, you WOULD like help, wouldn't you?

Bloatmonger, this assignment is EASY. as in, my brother could do it. and he's in year eight. It's research, you lard-encrusted blimp. Everyone else has done it, why can't you? you're supposed to be so much better than us-you certainly act it- but you need to go to a forum and fling a weak plea for help at the masses? Pathetic.

~Han~

HSC
poor gilly :( haha its friday arvo and i still havent quite finished it. im the the mya centre and came across this.very amusing coz it took me a few seconds b4 i realised i know u ppl!

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
aside from all that...

have a look here for info on solar cells.

now, for photocells, it is an application of the solar cell, where the 'photocell' acts like an amplifier, or switch or detector. this is done through detecting the changes in potential difference across the photocell, then it will register and enact changes.

e.g. a breathalyzer (i think thats what its called) measures the level of alcohol in your breath --> r u over the alcohol limit for driving, etc...

you breath through the tube. heavy alcohol particles will prevent some of the light travelling to the photocell, and hence change the voltage, since not as much light is hitting the photocell. the level of alcohol in your breath is measured by the proportional change in potential difference, and it registers as a reading on the instrument meter.

that was just one example.

hope this helps, M.D.

http://community.boredofstudies.org.../111574/photoelectric-effect-solar-cells.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)