Help with preparation for this year's studies. (1 Viewer)

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Hi guys, Matt here.

At my school I have just completed one year of the college style HSC, where I have done 3 subjects, prelim and hsc exams (English, Maths General and Economics) and am due to study and complete 3 more this year.

I need help with planning how I can straight up Band 6 - Business Studies, Chemistry and Legal Studies. I am a hardworker (a bit of a nerd as well you could say) but struggle with studying efficiently and effectively.

BOS, anyone know how they can help me achieve a fantastic rank and band 6 my 3 subjects this year?

Untroubled

HSC
It's hard to give a definite answer, different people will require different methods of studying and no person's style will work 100% for the other. But here are a few things that I wish to advice for business studies and chemistry ( I don't do legal. )

Business:
- never ever think that you can get an extremely high exam outcome (around 95) if you just memorise answers, EVER. Big mistake people do is memorising answers for business studies without even knowing what it is that they just memorised or what the question is really asking. There will be questions asked where you have to really stop and think from which part of the syllabus did it come from, sometimes it will combine two different topics and asks for specific answers so memorising won't be good at all.
- you must know the whole 4 topics in business like the back of your hand. MUST. If you do, then you can study more efficiently by learning your notes by repeating it under syllabus dot point headings and then all you need to do is write down the same syllabus dot points relevant to questions (as your plan on a separate piece of paper) and you will be surprised at how much you will remember just by looking at one word or two!
- must remember to know case studies of businesses for your last extended essay response

Chemistry
- You must be able to write and understand chemical equations very very well. This will save you a lot of time during an exam.
- you have to learn the theory very well AND you have to do MANY practice exams because chemistry exam questions will ask only a few questions off a dot point, most will give some kind of stimulus and you have to base your answer on the stimulus provided.
- search for videos on Youtube for some parts of the syllabus as you need to have a very good visualisation of many concepts

The list goes on, the best thing you can always do is answering exam questions FOR EVERY SUBJECT and submit practice q's to teachers (very important) to ensure that your will be confident and equipped with a lot of experience!

Remember:
More practice = more confidence = less stress during exams.
Wishing you all the best!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)