• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

help with question (1 Viewer)

rsingh

HSC
hey guys, I have a question to respond to, but i'm unsure of how to approach it.

In comparing 2 texts you have seen how the contexts of the texts have shaped their form and meaning and compared the values associated with each text.

How have your two texts reflected different contexts, and similar of different values?

Well, we just finished this module and I'm doing Emma/Clueless. However, I'm still unsure as to what we're writing about in this module and therefore I'm not really sure wha the question is asking, or any idea how to structure the response.

Any guidance or help would be greatly appreciated!

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
this attatchement is nothing special. this is from the syllabas with my bolding and italics. however, this is what you should be taking into consideration in your essays or your answers to the questions from this module.

regarding your question,
rsingh said:
In comparing 2 texts you have seen how the contexts of the texts have shaped their form and meaning and compared the values associated with each text.

How have your two texts reflected different contexts, and similar of different values?
therefore, how did the texts come to be what they are. such as background information in bringing about heir production. historical events? social influence? cultural influence?

the latter part of the question asks you to compare the two texts in accordance to their contexts.

in a more precise interpretation:

the context the author of emma -> the reason the text was composed in the format that is present.
ie. conservative women in 19th century

the context of the director clueless -> the reason of influences of why he/she chose to direct it in this format.
ie. 90s teen theme

note: i havent studied emma/clueless, i do bnw/br. but that is my deconstruction of the question.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)