• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

help with questions (1 Viewer)

darksouljah

HSC
hey>

Im just having problem with the terms and meaning of these questions below. Please break down the questions in simplier terms.. thanks>>

Assesses the impacts of applications of chemistry on society and the environment

Assess the validity of conclusions from gathered data and information

These currently came from my chemisty assignment on CFC and Ozone.

Please help
Appreciate it

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
darksouljah said:
hey>

Im just having problem with the terms and meaning of these questions below. Please break down the questions in simplier terms.. thanks>>

Assesses the impacts of applications of chemistry on society and the environment

These currently came from my chemisty assignment on CFC and Ozone.

Please help
Appreciate it

Assess: [according toschool planner]:- make a judgement of value, qualities, results of size.

as a guess i'd interpret the first question to be:
judge the implications/results/consequences that applying chemistry to [manage OZone/CFC's??] would have on society and the environment.. [so people and environment].. [and say after taking these consequences into account, would applying the chem be more advantageous or disadvantageous.]

2. i think this is just refeerringto the reliability of your information/sources and tests.
and whether or not your above conclusion is entirely correct if it's based on shoddy info.

[sorry, i could quite possibly be wrong.. i don't do chem...]
goodluck!:)

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC

I think it means to assess how the chemical interactions between CFC's and ozone have affected the society and environment. IIRC, assess means that you have to include advantages and disadvantages. I'd talk about ad's + disad's of CFC's, ad's + disad's of ozone, show how CFC's break down ozone and go into the business about ozone depletion and its implications

Validity is to do with your experimental design. If your experiment procedure is correct, your results would be valid. (Not necessarily reliable and/or accurate)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)