• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help with strictly Ballroom please (1 Viewer)

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Help with strictly Ballroom/Image please!

Hi I am having trouble finding related material for strictly Ballroom. My english teacher told us that we could use any image.
If we use any image then how do we relate it back to the film/screenplay? what have uz been told?
could anyone please help me?

Last edited:

stylar

Basically, you just need to pick a particular image from the film ie Fran the ugly duckling and relate your extra material to that, for example The Ugly Duckling fairytale.

Glide

How you link the texts depends on the question imo..
We got given Babe and Chicken run as some related texts, which can be used when asked about a language based question ie: 'how do the texts convery meaning'

vanity

HSC
it really depends on the context of the question..
for example, if you're asked about how image's show a change than you can tlak about how images are contrasted to show a change i.e. fran changes...
you can have an image that is of something before or after?

chris42

HSC
Try using a variety of different images it helps too, like for example a picture of a politican can be used to show political image, and a poem such as Children by Nancy Keesing if you've heard of it, can show how metaphors and juxaposition of textal images affects change. In relation to relating it to strictly ballroom, you don't necessarily have to relate everything to strictly ballroom, you can relate the previous text the text after it, for example.

vanity

HSC
cartoons are really good to use
www.smh.com.au achives their cartoons and the messages are quite clear. techniques are easy too.

L

lucky

make it up on the spot... thats what i always do..

i make images up in my head on the spot that suits the question bests.... :)

but have like 2-3 cartoons (like vanity said) up ur sleeve just incase...

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
thanks!

Hey everyone! Thanks for all your help and advice, I really appreciate it :) now I think i am on the right track.
Goodluck and all the best for the Hsc!!!
Thanks again!

dudditz

Retired Member
HSC
Are there any notes or anything on Strictly Ballroom anywhere?
I can't find any anywhere, and it's getting frustrating.
Not happy with my school....choosing the 'less mainstream' text for this area, grrr...

Cheers

chris42

HSC
Yeah, there are study excel books on Strictly Ballroom, I think Domines should have them.

dudditz

Retired Member
HSC
Hrmm...I was more referring to the Bored of Studies page, and the forums, but anyway.
It isn't a very popular text is it?

chris42

HSC
Well, I know I am doing it, unfortunetly... :( but I don't know many other people doing it.

cheri_986

I'm doing Strictly Ballroom! Try doing Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy! I think I'm the only person (besides my class) doing the stupid text! That is the one text I am sure to fail!

vanity

HSC
i thought strictly ballroom was actually quite easy.. was so text-book'ish with the film techniques and stuff..

its good to go with powerful supplementary materials thats why many political cartoons are good, they have a strong message and techniques are good

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by chris42
Yeah, there are study excel books on Strictly Ballroom, I think Domines should have them.
yeh there are study guides. ive been looking in book stores etc for the excelstudy guide and i cant find it anywhere, still gonna keep trying, but i bought 2 study guides today on SB, they are ok..

SteevO86

What does anyone think the question for Strictly Blalroom will be like? 'Cos in the trial it totally threw me off with somehting about something I didn't know that wasn't really related to Image.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)