help with subject goals :) (1 Viewer)

zahri992

HSC
its 2 weeks into year 12 and i'm feeling a bit lost and overwhelmed because everyone around me is doing so much work 🙃

my subjects are:
3u english
adv maths
food technology
design and technology
engineering
and bio

what should my subject aims be? i'd love to get a 90-94 atar. i'm pretty shit at maths and looking at dropping it altogether depending on what I get in this first task. but in hsc max effort i'm looking at about a 65 in it. what should I be aiming for for the rest of my subjects? also any advice u might have would b nice.......
hoping to get into archi at usyd, uts or unsw :D

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
Max effort you can way surpass 65 in maths. In my accelerated class last year a guy came in who hated maths all through school and never got above a D but stuck in advanced (a class of only 4 people). He ended up band 6'ing and became really good at it through pure effort so if you listen to your teachers im sure you can surpass that if he could.

Basically don't count yourself out, theres a whole year ahead of you so believe in yourself and see what happens

zahri992

HSC
Max effort you can way surpass 65 in maths. In my accelerated class last year a guy came in who hated maths all through school and never got above a D but stuck in advanced (a class of only 4 people). He ended up band 6'ing and became really good at it through pure effort so if you listen to your teachers im sure you can surpass that if he could.

Basically don't count yourself out, theres a whole year ahead of you so believe in yourself and see what happens
ik man I just can't bring myself to do anything for maths, I hate the subject so much.... my highest mark for yr11 was 44% haha thinking of maths makes me feel sick i cant imagine people who do 4u how they do that that makes no sense in my head

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
ik man I just can't bring myself to do anything for maths, I hate the subject so much.... my highest mark for yr11 was 44% haha thinking of maths makes me feel sick i cant imagine people who do 4u how they do that that makes no sense in my head
change your mindset then

cape44

HSC
just aim to do as much effort as you personally can do for all your subjects

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
I'm gonna be honest, especially for math and bio (from personal experience lol) the trick is to see as many questions once you get to HSC. Obviously you're only starting year 12 now, but from now until then just make sure you understand content and keep up to the best you can. Then when trials and HSC comes, spam questions and try familiarise yourself with as many styles of questions - there's actually only so much nesa can ask and so you start to see that lots of questions are very similar. That just means throughout the year keep doing homework and practice questions for those subjects and you'll be fine.

Not sure how to recommend study for other subjects tbh. English adv just understand the texts and if you're memorising essays for assignments make sure you give yourself enough time to learn what you've prepared - if that's quotes or a full essay doesn't really matter - a week usually works. English ext I don't do lol so someone else has to give tips for that English lol

GOOD LUCK YOU GOT THIS HEAD UP DONT BURNOUT DONT STRESS AND THESE ALL CAPS DONT HELP BUT I HOPE THEYRE MOTIVATING 💪✨🎉

zahri992

HSC
is that your best subject?
hey bio tutor I have a question I'm doing my biology depth study right now with the inquiry question “SHOULD ALL NEWBORNS BE DNA TESTED FOR INHERITED HEART DISEASE?” how can I maximise my marks in this? what should I be talking about?

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
hey bio tutor I have a question I'm doing my biology depth study right now with the inquiry question “SHOULD ALL NEWBORNS BE DNA TESTED FOR INHERITED HEART DISEASE?” how can I maximise my marks in this? what should I be talking about?
u say yes, because early detection --> better treatment options and ur able to reduce symptoms faster or even cure disease thru like gene therapy = improved quality of life

i guess u could also argue no if ur concerned with like privacy/security and like genetic info being stored

nsw..wollongong

HSC
u say yes, because early detection --> better treatment options and ur able to reduce symptoms faster or even cure disease thru like gene therapy = improved quality of life

i guess u could also argue no if ur concerned with like privacy/security and like genetic info being stored
u can also argue no bc of ethical concerns - do DNA testing methods impact the child's health if they're newborn, compared to if they're a bit older? will all parents consent to this if its a fairly new mechanism? how accurate is it (is it worth it)? is it expensive?

for yes, u can talk economically - detecting from a young age would save money and resources spent on treating the symptoms at a much older age (bc with some heart diseases, manifestations + symptoms don't show till wayyy later in life, they can be 'silent' diseases). also, improved quality of life from a young age by changing lifestyles to accommodate for the disease can be emotionally beneficial to the patient and their family

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)