Help with Weekly Planner (1 Viewer)

v sia

HSC
Year 11 , here are my subjects

Software design and devolopment ( none )
Maths 2 Unit ( 14 hours a week )
English standard ( 3 horus a week )
Accouting ( tafe) ( 1 hour a week )
Hospitality ( 3 hours a week)
Business studies ( none)

Most of my subjects i barely get anything . Thus comes to my subject , i wanna do WELL for my HSC , so how should my weekly plan be like ?

Can i have any of ur suggestions / routines that u guys have atm ??

oh yeah i have a part time job , 8-12 hours a week ( weekends )

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
U shud be doing 6 hours each nite...and 6 hours on each subject per week!!..., this is what our leading teacher asked us to do...cos u need to develop a pattern for year 12.
Originally posted by v sia

Most of my subjects i barely get anything . Thus comes to my subject , i wanna do WELL for my HSC , so how should my weekly plan be like ?
what do u mean by u don't get anything for ur subjects? u mean home work from skool?? if yes, then u'd have to make home work for yourself...sad but true...some teachers are like that...in year 11 i had like this for Phys and Chem and in year 12 Physics Chem and English..

u can also get tutored if u want to...

Plan day before or during skool about what u want to do in the evening...and for weekends decide on Friday afternoons and allocate time for assessments or notes or what ever u have to do...

and yeah...use a dairy, it helps a lot!!

v sia

HSC
some of my subjects blow real bad , the teachers make the class sleep , some subjects u dont get much homework ( SDD , Hospitality )

Ill try to plan it early and copy that pattern every week and see how i go ,

BTW how do u become an executive member , isaw it next to ur icon name

perfectionist

HSC
N/A
i think u shud get tutored if u think ur teachers are of no help....this is what i did...really...if u want to do well in your HSC...while some people do not need tutoring, but it is good to be on the safe side.

U can be an Executive member when u have a certain no of posts...sorry, i am not sure what it is...u can ask Lazarus.

Sugar

HSC
Originally posted by perfectionist
U shud be doing 6 hours each nite...and 6 hours on each subject per week!!..., this is what our leading teacher asked us to do...cos u need to develop a pattern for year 12.
:jaw: 6 hours a night? That sounds crazy, but it is possible. I think it is a bit extreme though.

"Work smart, not hard!" (what I learnt from GETSET HSC workshop) ;)

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
plan what you have to get done that day but try not to set time limits etc because you generally don't keep them. That is, it may take you longer to do something or less time to do something and therefore your timetable becomes all wierd...
6 hours a night? That does sound extreme, but when tests are approaching it's definently something that you should consider especially if you don't understand any of the work..
tutoring is good and yes plan your own homework..otherwise do summaries etc...

perfectionist

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Sugar
:jaw: 6 hours a night? That sounds crazy, but it is possible. I think it is a bit extreme though.

"Work smart, not hard!" (what I learnt from GETSET HSC workshop) ;)
This is what we were told to do by our leading teacher...also if u went to a skool like mine, u'd prolly think six hours aint enuf either :p...ah wells this is how it worked for me.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
hey v sia, maybe you could visit the Hospitality forum?

I am doing prelim hospitality this year as well as hsc. I have just finished Hygiene in the workplace and Secruity.

If you want l can dig up some questions from these two booklets and you can do them and get them marked by your teacher (that is if your doing these booklets)

Just ask me in the hospitality forum or pm me.

Sugar

HSC
This is what we were told to do by our leading teacher...also if u went to a skool like mine, u'd prolly think six hours aint enuf either :p...ah wells this is how it worked for me.
I going to attempt getting into that habit, but I doubt it! :p

What school did you go to? My school is a relaxed environment, so I'm not really pushed into studying (though my Mum does).

perfectionist

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Sugar
I going to attempt getting into that habit, but I doubt it! :p

What school did you go to? My school is a relaxed environment, so I'm not really pushed into studying (though my Mum does).

Everyone has a different way of studying...so it's not necessary that u'd require 6 hrs a night...but yeah if u start in year 11, u'd develop a pattern for year 12.

I went Wiley Park Girls' High School...it ain't any good...this year only 5 people got 90+ and the year before only 3...also we didn't have many good teachers there...a few were real good...but majority not that good, esp, for science subjects we didn't have good teachers like other good skools ...!!

Sugar

HSC
Everyone has a different way of studying...so it's not necessary that u'd require 6 hrs a night...but yeah if u start in year 11, u'd develop a pattern for year 12.

I went Wiley Park Girls' High School...it ain't any good...this year only 5 people got 90+ and the year before only 3...also we didn't have many good teachers there...a few were real good...but majority not that good, esp, for science subjects we didn't have good teachers like other good skools ...!!
I guess, but I'm trying to start developing a good study habit.

You did well in the HSC! :)

Sugar

HSC
Thanks, You too! :D

Caringbah Selective High School. I live in Beverly Hills and it takes me an hour to travel to and from. Bleh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)