Help... (1 Viewer)

jizmiester

Dear All,

I need serious help in deciding my first preference and i would like some people's feedback on choosing between B Arts(communication - journalism) at CSU bathurst OR B Communications and Media Studies (journalism) at university of wollongong..

wollongong UAI = 90
bathurst otherstuff + UAI

someone please help...

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
um where do you live? would u want to move all the way to bathurst ? (assuming you're from around sydney)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
CSU, for sure. Everyone sees moving to Bathurst as a big thing. It isn't that bad. It's only 2 hours away from Sydney and you have road and rail links directly to Sydney, Orange Lithgow ect..

Plus, from what I've heard (about the degree) CSU has a better rep (and a hell of alot more scholarships from the Industry)

jizmiester

yeah im from sydney...rabbit you're just saying go there cos you are ;)

yeah... well i dunno... i guess i need to put some further consideration into it...

is it just as good going into the industry with an ARTS degree then it is with a COMMUNICATIONS degree

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yes lazy korean .. CSU is good for communication courses and dramatic arts courses, very reputatable

oh, and also the b winemaking ahaha.

is bathurst only 2 hours away!? woah!

snow bum

Banned
It's more like 3 hours away. A couple of hours to get over the mountains and then another hour west.

Yes lazy korean, if you want to be a journalist, CSU Bathurst is one of the best places you could go (Jessica Rowe is one I know of who went there).

jizmiester

....hrm i think Mr LaZy_KoReAn just got shut down.... and yes denton went there, jessica Rowe, amanda keller....etc.... fuck....i was gunna put Wollongong and now i dont know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! arrrrgh.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
haha yess

hey jiz miester if u realy can't make up your mind and both seem good enough for you .. try looking up the sites and seeing exactly what subjects you do each semester. it might sound a little weird but even if it's the same course, the subjects could be totally diff

for example, one uni could be more focussed on the actual art of writing, whereas another could be more focussed on ...something else (i just can't think of a good example atm).

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
crap, i didn't know that

but to be a journalist you must do advanced english as a minimum, and asians suck at english :)

Giant Lobster

HSC
sif. haha an asian journalist... ull prolly end up working or the abc or sbs or somefin.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
but you know a generalisation that is worth listening to.. saying lebs usck at english LOL (im leb)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)