• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Help?!? (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I am in a predicament. My UAI= 96.5

My first preferance is Comm (journo)/Int Std at UTS... but I won't get in.

So then my next preferance is just Comm (journo) at UTS which the cutoff last year was 96.3 so I don't know if I will get in.

I then have some other preferances at UTS for comm like writing and contemporary culture, however I'm not really sure if I want to do that.

Then my next choice is a double in communications and arts at Wollongong, which I should get in to for sure.

Another option is to do an arts/science double somewhere and do postgrad journo studies.

It looks like I have accomodation at UTS and UoW.

What can you guys recommend? At the moment, I'm unsure about what order to place my preferances. Should I go for the writing degree at UTS even though it isn't totally what I want and try and change majors? Or should I just go for Wollongong where I can do journalism as well as other arts subjects I like such as english and history? I'd be interested in hearing any opinions.

Another problem is that I have never been to either of these unis and I can't go before we have to decide our order of preferances. This is making a hard decision even more difficult.
Any suggestions, help, anything??? My results have just thrown everything up in to the air and I am really confused and don't know what to do.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Remember that it is a preference list... Leaving your ideal course at the top is my only opinion on the matter (you do have 9 preferences).

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
If you really want to go to UTS, I recommend u do. If you don't get in, its a LOT easier to transfer internally than externally.

Good luck!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, listen to Generator
put ur preferences in the order u want to do ur courses

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)