help (1 Viewer)

juliastiles

HSC
i have no exams until extension next tuesday but i’m not sure what to do to prepare for extension english because i’m so exhausted from doing 6 other exams :// i’m only aiming for around 41-43/50 and i feel alright about the essay but how could i maximise my literary worlds section marks because that’s where i feel the least confident

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
You still have 6 days until your English Extension 1 HSC exam, which I believe is sufficient to allow you to apply all of the following in order to supplement your preparations for the Common Module: Literary Worlds. Consider the following:

1- Ensure you have a thorough understanding and knowledge of the rubric:

You should start by revising the rubric, which you can do by reading it carefully. Subsequently, you may choose to respond to key terms/phrases that you can rewrite as critical response questions.

Because the HSC exam involves responding to unseen material (such as text extracts), it is very important to thoroughly understand the rubric, as that will enhance your ability to develop a high quality response.

2- Ensure you have a thorough knowledge of your features and forms:

Ensure that you are familiar with literary features, particularly those that convey how a particular author constructs their text in an attempt to communicate their ideas/values. Because the HSC exam may entail unseen text extracts from speeches/poems, it would be a good idea to be aware of several literary features appropriate for a range of textual forms.

3- Maximise writing:

Since you can be assessed with a creative response, it is important that you practice your creative writing skills. The more practice you undertake, the faster you will be able to develop your response and the better the quality of your response in relation to Literary Worlds.

4- Read as much as possible:

Lastly, a good thing to do in preparation for your English Extension 1 HSC exam would be to extend your reading list beyond your prescribed text(s). This is because, the more you read, the more literary features, devices and ideas that you are likely to acquire. A good idea would be to utilise those and try practising their use within your own writing.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)