help (1 Viewer)

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
2arccos x has a range between 0 to 2pi, and since this is the angle that in in the sin(), so sin's range is restricted by -1 and 1 bc its a sin curve
the domain would be -1 to 1 as 2arccos x domain is limited to -1 to 1 so past that the sin wont exist teither

HSC
wait but for sin^-1(sqrtx) there is a restriction on range... its [0,pi/2] instead of [-pi/2, pi/2], is this becus the domain got restricted so the range also changed?

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
p.s this is ext math not adv just so u know

start with domain and range
for:
A) y=sin^-1 (sqrtx)
the inside exists for x>=0
domain :so the curve exists from [0,1]
range: would be [0,pi/2] because of sqrt x only existing for positive values the curve doesn't exist left of the x axis, cutting the range of at 0.

B) and y=sin^-1 (x^2)
domain is from -1 to 1 since there are not restrictions on x^2
range is from [0,pi/2], as ur squaring x, the curve will only take positive values as all the angles are positive in this domain. The part to the right of the y axis will be mirrored to the left side.

however, depending on how much detail u need u could change how much the curve dilates and stuff compared to a normal arcsinx graph.
- tho i dont think its required for u to consider this at all for inverse trig graphs

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
wait but for sin^-1(sqrtx) there is a restriction on range... its [0,pi/2] instead of [-pi/2, pi/2], is this becus the domain got restricted so the range also changed?
What I'd recommend u do is let u=f(x) in y=sin^-1[f(x)] and using this information, sketch both graphs, i.e: y=sin^-1(u) and u=f(x).
After, find values for u in both graphs and find a common restriction. apply this restricition on both graphs to determine D: and R:

Makes it way easier to visualise^

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
How I'd structure it^

Edit: I just realised I made a mistake in the 2nd qn u asked - I'm guessing u could probs fix that tho.

Last edited:

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
true composite functions is the best way to set these up

btw ur graph for the second one is incorrect tho
wait hold up where'd I go wrong>?

I initially thought I did smthn wrong in the restriction u>=0 for the u=x^2 graph but realised its on y-axis so it can't be all real

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
the domain
x^2 is positive but that doesn't mean x has to be
negative x values just become positive so the graph exists for [-1,0] as well
it would be a horizontally mirrored version of the part on the right side of the graph
Oh nvm I understand now lmfao. (mbmb)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)