• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

help (1 Viewer)

bella1209

HSC
guys i need serious help idk if i should appeal for this. i got dragged into a meeting about my "terrible" handwriting in my English trial and got told that i did far below my average, which I'm normally at a band 6 level. I've gotten half of it back and got 9 on my craft of writing and a 6 on my common module, but when i look at my writing the parts they haven't highlighted because it "wasn't decipherable' actually is quite readable. from an unbiased view, i can genuinely read way over half of what has not been highlighted.

apparently i cannot read back to the markers again my work so they can mark it accordingly, is there a specific policy that states this for trials? or should i get the school to flag it on some grounds (to be fair i did have a severe family death two weeks before trials where i had to become the primary caretaker for my siblings for two weeks)

or is it not that serious to appeal like i know it was my fault-ish but i was ranked first so it is a big deal to me

HSC
Appeal, I had a scary situation regarding physics last year, somewhat similar to what you are probably going through, I was quite saddened by it and considering dropping physics, however, people around me told me to appeal and I did, and I luckily did fine. If you don't appeal, I think in you will have the regret of not appealing and what could have been your mark/ranking.

Good luck if you do appeal 👍

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)