• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help (1 Viewer)

k21251985

I am a year 12 student who got a hsc mark for music 1 as 78.I am wondering how and why when i went on Sam yesterday that if i did get the mark of 78 last year i would be beating about 50% of canditiates.If i got 78 out of 100 as a rankwhy does it say i am beating about 50% when my rank is not 50 out of 100.
and how come it is so low? and not beating 78 and what marks do i need to get into music in universitiies in NSW
confused
phil

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
That's kinda cool, your rank at your school is the same as your HSC mark.

Anyway, you can have a school rank of 78, yet still be beating 50% of the HSC candidates. Think of James Ruse, you're ranked dead last there, but you still beat 80% of the state in said subject.

Plebeian

I don't think you interpreted him quite properly Keypad?

phil your mark of 78 is not a rank, it's just an aligned mark fitted to the BOS band standards. A mark of 78 doesn't mean you beat 78% of people. For example, 95 for English Adv this year was the top 0.7% of the state. That correlation is only true of UAI (a UAI of 80 means you beat 80% of people, etc.). There is no real correlation between aligned mark and how many people you beat because this changes from year to year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)