HEX and overseas (1 Viewer)

TheGlenn

HSC
This isn't really a exchange and overseas study question but if i go to uni in australia and pay it through HEX and then straight after Uni go overseas to get a job can i still pay it back ? or do i have to pay it back before i go overseas ? the normal method is that they jsut take a percentage out of your wages when your earning >25k a year (give or take), but if im overseas im not sure if it would work the same way.

Peartie

HSC
its ridiculous but its true......everyone go overseas and if youre working overseas for something like 10 years you NEVER have to pay it back BUT if you come back to Australia before that 10 years you do...so just find a job OS for 10 years :)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
well i do believe a witch's curse placed on u in australia will be valid overseas thats IMO tho

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I wonder, would you have to pay it back if you lived in Australia but not as a citizen? Or just made lots of extended 'visits' during the ten year period? I can revoke my dual citizenship and just be a dutch citizen ... and I don't want to just leave everyone for ten years.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
kami said:
I wonder, would you have to pay it back if you lived in Australia but not as a citizen? Or just made lots of extended 'visits' during the ten year period? I can revoke my dual citizenship and just be a dutch citizen ... and I don't want to just leave everyone for ten years.
I suspect that you'd have to pay it back any time you were working (and hence paying tax) in Australia, regardless of your citizenship status. Which is a shame, because I could've done the same thing with my dual citizenship. Oh well.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Hecs is taken via tax. So if you arent being taxed then you dont pay it back simple. But if you are an australia resident you will be paying tax under australian tax rules.

Even if you revoke your citizenship, you still have to pay it back. Unless you aren't going to have a source of income in aus.

Im not sure peartie is right about that 10 year rule either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)