• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Hey all you 3rd and 4th year aerospace or mechatronic ppl: (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I am currently a first year mechatronic student, mechatronic as in im following the mechatronic plan, meaning im doin same subjects as everyone else doin engineering..
Anyways..i was just wondering which is easier and harder, and which is better, if in 3rd year i went into mechatronic or aerospace.
From wat i figured out (or wat i think) majoring in aerospace would limit me only to the field of aerospace and aeronautics, whereas if i got a mechatronic degree i can go into a large variety of fields, including aerospace. But i hear that majoring in aerospace is easier than majoring in mechatronics.
Im not sure right now whether i do want to go into the field of aerospace after uni (cuz thats years away!) but i'd just like to know if aerospace is easier than mechatronic, and roughly what the demands for a mechatronic engineer are compared to an aerospace engineer.
Thanx

HSC
hi there

you're only in first year, so there is no hurry to make these kind of decisions.

the subjects you will find the easiest are the ones you are most interested in, so other people's opinions on whether certain streams of engineering are easier/harder are pretty subjective and won't help you out much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)